JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun Stamp Bill Has Oklahoma Gun Owners Up In Arms - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

"The National Rifle Association supports the microstamping study. The bill was introduced in July and is still in its first stages."

I don't know about otheres here, but I have changed out a many firing pins with new ones. Not to mention how really absurd the idea is in general. What I don't understand is why the NRA would take a side with it. The whole concept seems to asinine to begin with. I yet to discover one logical point of perspective in the entire concept. I can't imagine what it would end up doing to the cost of the firearm. Will we then have to buy "registered" firing pins, that will have to then fill out an ATF form to rematch that to our Ser# of the firearm we are installing it on.

All I see is a way for the anti's to get a way for mandated registry. The only way this would work even a little is to have all firearms registered. And the NRA is endorsing this?:huh:

Gun Stamp Bill Has Oklahoma Gun Owners Up In Arms - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

"The National Rifle Association supports the microstamping study. The bill was introduced in July and is still in its first stages."

I don't know about otheres here, but I have changed out a many firing pins with new ones. Not to mention how really absurd the idea is in general. What I don't understand is why the NRA would take a side with it. The whole concept seems to asinine to begin with. I yet to discover one logical point of perspective in the entire concept. I can't imagine what it would end up doing to the cost of the firearm. Will we then have to buy "registered" firing pins, that will have to then fill out an ATF form to rematch that to our Ser# of the firearm we are installing it on.

All I see is a way for the anti's to get a way for mandated registry. The only way this would work even a little is to have all firearms registered. And the NRA is endorsing this?:huh:

"taking a side on it"
They are taking a stand on it to prove that it won't work that's all. What better way than to have a gov't funded study that shows it won't work and can easily be sidestepped by a file and 2 min work or picking up spent shells at a range? Hopefully that will stop further consideration of microstamping.

They are definitely NOT in favor of it!!

The "Trade Ratings" is low by 3!
Some people just don't post it I guess

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

Didn't we just have this thread? NRA is supporting the STUDY because the study is going to show that microstamping is dumb. NRA is NOT supporting microstamping itself.

"taking a side on it"
They are taking a stand on it to prove that it won't work that's all. What better way than to have a gov't funded study that shows it won't work and can easily be sidestepped by a file and 2 min work or picking up spent shells at a range? Hopefully that will stop further consideration of microstamping.

They are definitely NOT in favor of it!!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

Ah, now that does make more sense and more logical way to see it.

"taking a side on it"
What better way than to have a gov't funded study that shows it won't work and can easily be sidestepped by a file and 2 min work or picking up spent shells at a range? Hopefully that will stop further consideration of microstamping.

That was my first thought as well... BUT its a RARE thing when one can police 100% of their brass at the range, let alone an "incident scene". As for the file thing, remember the Robert Blake (Baretta, TV series star) murder trial when they were still able to get the serial numbers off the gun (that had been filed off) using a high powered microscope (and a chemical process... I believe), because the embossed serial numbers impacted far into the "sub-surface grain" of the base metal. Those serial numbers were in fact traced back to Blake's ownership and he STILL was aquitted... just like OJ was.

My point being, that was just using technology from 10 years ago, today they have stuff that is light years ahead of what they use today, so I wouldn't be too confident to think a file would be the ultimate "fix".... just sayin'.

That was my first thought as well... BUT its a RARE thing when one can police 100% of their brass at the range, let alone an "incident scene". As for the file thing, remember the Robert Blake (Baretta, TV series star) murder trial when they were still able to get the serial numbers off the gun (that had been filed off) using a high powered microscope (and a chemical process... I believe), because the embossed serial numbers impacted far into the "sub-surface grain" of the base metal. Those serial numbers were in fact traced back to Blake's ownership and he STILL was aquitted... just like OJ was.

My point being, that was just using technology from 10 years ago, today they have stuff that is light years ahead of what they use today, so I wouldn't be too confident to think a file would be the ultimate "fix".... just sayin'.

The flaw in that thought is that it would only matter if you were leaving your altered firing pin at the seen of the crime, the cast off brass struck with the altered firing pin would not be traceable short of using the same techniques that are already used to match struck brass to a particular gun and they must have the gun to do the match.

NRA position:

"Oklahoma Representative Dan Boren is clearing up confusion about legislation he sponsored to study gun microstamping. Supporters say microstamping could help officers track down criminals. But Representative Boren and the National Rifle Association oppose microstamping. They're pushing the study to prove it's flawed technology and way too costly."

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

NRA position:

"Oklahoma Representative Dan Boren is clearing up confusion about legislation he sponsored to study gun microstamping. Supporters say microstamping could help officers track down criminals. But Representative Boren and the National Rifle Association oppose microstamping. They're pushing the study to prove it's flawed technology and way too costly."

Thanks for the quote Deen. I was looking for something along those lines however all I get is similar to what I had above.

There is still the issue of waste full gov. spending. But we should be used to that by now.

Thanks for the quote Deen. I was looking for something along those lines however all I get is similar to what I had above.

There is still the issue of waste full gov. spending. But we should be used to that by now.

Vancouver spent $15,000 on a private headhunter just to hire the only person that said he wanted the job in the first place.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

people would have to lean how to shoot and hit a target rather than just "Spray and pray" defense. Not many LEO's can shoot really well anymore.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

Make all the excuses you want...the NRA sold out...

Micro stamping is a reality...chamber to case, firing pin to primer...even signature rifling leaving a specialty mark on the bullet....powder with trace elements, serialized cases, bullets, and primers...

Wait until they require a 'test' to own a firearm...making you guys hit something at 25 yards, a written test, you'll have to study for...A CHL will only be allowed in your car...no private residences, or business's. ...

Make all the excuses you want...the NRA sold out...

Micro stamping is a reality...chamber to case, firing pin to primer...even signature rifling leaving a specialty mark on the bullet....powder with trace elements, serialized cases, bullets, and primers...

Wait until they require a 'test' to own a firearm...making you guys hit something at 25 yards, a written test, you'll have to study for...A CHL will only be allowed in your car...no private residences, or business's. ...

I agree, this is why I can't support any "compromise" or "common sense" legislation of second amendment rights.

I agree, this is why I can't support any "compromise" or "common sense" legislation of second amendment rights.

There should never be compromise to any bill of right. Its a shame the people have allowed any. I can understand the reasoning they give, I will not however support it.

There should never be compromise to any bill of right. Its a shame the people have allowed any. I can understand the reasoning they give, I will not however support it.

that you don't support the NRA (or anyone else) trying to prove that microstamping won't work?

That means that you support microstamping.

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

that you don't support the NRA (or anyone else) trying to prove that microstamping won't work?

That means that you support micro-stamping.

????????

I find these "studies" to be wasteful.
I belive that microstaping doesn't need to be studied as it should never be allowed.
I believe that all compromise to any bill of right is illegal.

I do follow the logic you provided and get it. I just have almost as much against the "study" as I do the concept of the micro-stamping.

IF the study shows that microstamping is a low-cost, easy-to-trace, wonderful method for tracing bullets to guns:
WHO WOULD BE IN FAVOR OF MICROSTAMPING?

IF the study shows that microstamping is a high-cost, easily-defeated, unreliable method for tracing bullets to guns:
WHO WOULD BE IN FAVOR OF A MICROSTAMPING STUDY? Would people generally agreeable to microstamping then turn to some other method?

I'm against microstamping even without a study. So why would I support a study?

I don't see how we can "win" by doing the study.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top