JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Coming next week to the PDX area is the big name in sporting goods. Cabelas. I am curious if any of you know if they have sales at their grand openings? And are they worth waiting for.

Really for me it comes down to this: There is a gun in town that I want to buy, but what are the chances that Cabelas will have it in stock for less coin?

By the way, no matter what, I will be there opening week. Along with all the other crazies. o_O

You bet they have grand opening sales. Sadly, the chances they the particular firearm you want to buy are on sale will be pretty slim unless you are looking for a very common item.

They do stock a lot of guns, but in my experience, their prices are usually pretty close to MSRP in most cases.

I hit up the Lacey store 2 weeks ago and the eugene store yesterday looking for powder.... walked out empty handed both times. Maybe it is all in the new store? Doubt it.

Ever been to a newly opened Cabela's? Plan on spending hours to make a single purchase. Really.

But I'm still anxious for them to open.

Oh...Something else I discovered...If you get the postcards in the mail from them for discounts, the store honors them even if you don't bring the postcard. They'll look into their data base and see what the discount was on the last postcard they sent you, and honor it.

WAYNO.

One does not shop Cabela's for Wal-Mart pricing. One shops Cabela's because of their service and inventory (and superb quality exhibited in certain items such as their high-end tents). On a rare occasion, a good deal can be found in the Bargain Cave.
I'm wondering if this store is a full-fledged flagship, or an "also-ran" like the Springfield store.

Ever been to a newly opened Cabela's? Plan on spending hours to make a single purchase. Really.
byu9a.jpg

I am really excited about the fact that there will be another sporting goods store within 30 minutes of my home that doesn't have any .22 ammo.

Make sure to ask though every time you go in. And when they say "no" ask if they can go in the back and check again. I swear it works better than water boarding to break someone's will to live.

Make sure to ask though every time you go in. And when they say "no" ask if they can go in the back and check again. I swear it works better than water boarding to break someone's will to live.

They just go in back, look at the 22 they are going to tell you they don't have. Walk back out after bsing a bit about something with another coworker. Come back. Tell you no.

Just kidding.

Seriously. Working for one of the big box stores I know what it's like getting calls every morning, same guys in everyday, it is what it is.

More shooters now then there were. Not gun owners, people actually getting out and shooting. Tons of them now then there was 6-7 years ago. Just no more new 22lr ammo manufacturers popping up. Same old cats making the stuff day and night.

It will be nice to wonder around in the store though. I like their camo patterns, and the wife likes the pretzels they sell for whatever strange reason.

Yeah the grand opening of the Tulalip store was a Mad house, Still is sometimes. I waited for two hours on a hand gun purchase once on a Tuesday.

There prices are meh, a lot better than discount guns though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top