JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a remington model 34 bolt action .22 caliber rifle that I learned to shoot on back in the 70's.
My dad left it to me when he died, and somehow between then and now the rear peep sight was bent.

It is a great little rifle with many memories and adventures and I feel bad that it was damaged.

The component that was damaged was the vertical riser that holds the rear sight, so now it shoots about 6 inches low at 50 yards.

Can I take a wood block and mallet and tap it back into true, or do I need to heat it some?

I looked online for a lyman rear peep sight, but didn't find anything.

PS, I am still looking for a lever action .38/.357 rifle.

Hey, I lucked out. I took a propane torch to it and used a screwdriver to bend it back into true once it was red hot. That worked out pretty well!

Nice. Way to go. I'm still working out how I'll approach an ancient Forrest King break action shotgun with a cracked stock. I haven't found out anything about it yet. The only thing I'm sure about is that modern ammunition would grenade it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top