JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Slam fire with a shotgun. In my case with a Winchester 1897. Rrrright....and NO Full Auto required.

How do I describe it?

"It's about the most fun one could have with your clothes still on."

Aloha, Mark

I enjoy taking and making shots when someone says :
Hey Andy see if you can it that_____

Usually this is a odd colored rock or leaf...a spent shotgun shell casing or the like...
Other times its a gong at a far distance.

Well so what many will ask...
When I do this with a "old" or actually old .22 rifle or muzzle loader...is where the fun comes in for me.
Many a beer has been won by me this way.....:D

Shooting for fun is a oft overlooked joy...if you haven't done so....you are missing a whole new facet of shooting that can also make for some excellent practice.
Andy

Most fun ever with guns?
  • Hunting birds and big game with family.
  • Cowboy action shooting with a pair of revolvers, lever rifle and shotgun.
  • Black powder rifles and shotguns ... hunting or targets.

I love shooting tin cans with 22's and handguns of all calibers. I have a 16" gong at 100 yards we have a lot of fun with, too.

But I started shooting trap with my grandson earlier this year. Besides shooting normal 5 stand we've learned a game or two and have come up with one ourselves (or at least we believe we did!). It's amazing how much fun we have. I think that shooting these shotgun games with the kid is the most fun I've had since I was shooting as a kid myself.
Here we're shooting leftie as part of the fun. We're both right handed and somewhat ambidextrous.

lefties.jpeg

My passion, not necessarily the most fun, is working up loads and shooting groups with my hunting rifle.

The best shoot'n fun is when someone else is supplying the ammo.
A really nice guy did that for my wife and myself once. It was cool!
Nighttime rat shooting and (I hate to admit it) cases of glass bottles in a private rock quarry in the old days!
Back in the old days, shooting glass bottles wasn't considered inappropriate.
I enjoy taking and making shots when someone says :
Hey Andy see if you can it that_____
That's kinda got me into taking long shots with a handgun. Making a 100yd gong ring with a handgun (typical semi-auto or revolver) is pretty satisfying.

To answer my own question: Well, it has been years since I've hunted, so that is not a factor presently. I'm too damn busy to do formal trap or skeet. I love shooting with my wife, but the last couple years has been insanely busy, to put it mildly.

Best fun? Two very disparate activities:

• Old school revolver shooting with medium or big bore guns, at various ranges, and targets (e.g., bowling pins, metallic silhouettes, steel plates, et al.) It is almost Zen-like with a one handed shooting, breath control, look down the sights, then squeeze ... bang. I've done meditation and trance work and found it somewhat helpful, but this one is far more fun. There is something strangely satisfying dusting a target at long(ish) range with a Model 29, for example.
  • Silly full-auto rock'n'roll. Polar opposite to the aforementioned. Just lighting up the home range with a very high cyclic rate machine-pistol is grin-inducing. (We now have a machine-carbine in the pipe-line to continue said antics, albeit in a more controllable/less wacky package.)
All of life is an ever changing perspective, and I've been through a great many (firearms and otherwise); if I learned anything (and darkly, to quote Seinfeld: Kramer "Well, you know the important thing is that you learned something" to which Jerry replied "No, I didn't") it is to have as much fun as possible in the journey. :s0155:

Last Edited:
One shooting fun that I always enjoy is shooting a 5 gallon bucket up a hill with my Saiga 12 with a large cap magazine.
The bucket always comes back down for more and if hit just right, the bucket will get air borne.
The cost of 12 gauge target or small game load ammo is relatively cheap for a big bang and you can use the holy bucket to pick up the spent shells for easy clean up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top