JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Believe it or not, it is actually posable to agree on 2A stuff and disagree on almost everything else, but as we have been reminded, this thread is not about "almost everything else"
There must be a lot of cognitive dissidence you're working with then?
(serious comment, not meant to poke fun)

There must be a lot of cognitive dissidence you're working with then?
(serious comment, not meant to poke fun)
Speaking only for myself, Ive worked out my own cognitive dissonance... because there is a LOT wrong with the Republican party some of it is quite embarrassing actually. But a person can be a solid pro gun supporter and not entirely support everything the Republicans screw up.
Campaign ads that show a gun as a solution are concerning, but I get the pro gun point but its just not gonna win any fence sitters over to our side its gonna drive them away.

...anymore than defending the racist a-hole doesn't mean that he DIDN'T say it.
Look, you going have trouble finding many people that think less of LBJ than I do, but JMHO there is enough to hate him for that is verifiable (like not letting Jackie change out of the clothes with her husbands brains on them because PhotoOp) without getting upset over stuff he might have said

We could do the infamous Ruger 10 Round Letter next if you like :s0093:

Believe it or not, it is actually posable to agree on 2A stuff and disagree on almost everything else, but as we have been reminded, this thread is not about "almost everything else"

LOL…. you said, "posable". Freudian slip?

Actually, I've enjoyed (more often than not) your posts that I've seen.

But… rule #1 in a political argument: FACTS DON'T MATTER!

Like, supposedly paying Russian hookers to pi$$ on a bed that Obama slept on while in Moscow.

Learn it, know it, live it… LYFAO over it! ;) :s0112:

Speaking only for myself, Ive worked out my own cognitive dissonance... because there is a LOT wrong with the Republican party some of it is quite embarrassing actually. But a person can be a solid pro gun supporter and not entirely support everything the Republicans screw up.
Campaign ads that show a gun as a solution are concerning, but I get the pro gun point but its just not gonna win any fence sitters over to our side its gonna drive them away.
Both political parties suck canal water, I'm a registered unaffiliated voter…. which come to think about it makes ME more important than registered party drones, because unaffiliated voters are "the prize" and are today's "king makers"!

:D

LOL…. you said, "posable". Freudian slip?
Freud is for old people, I'm to Jung to be a Freudian*

* ObscureJokeCrop.jpg

Both political parties suck canal water, I'm a registered unaffiliated voter…. which come to think about it makes ME more important than registered party drones, because unaffiliated voters are "the prize" and are today's "king makers"!

:D
Great minds think alike... :)
and while I dissed on the Republican party the Democrats have gone full crazy these days. I'm hoping it will cost them, last I checked they are potentially losing both the house and the senate, and Biden isn't scoring any points for them getting the next presidency.. That said I still dont have much confidence in Oregon...

Selection_001.jpg

Last Edited:
Freud is for old people, I'm to too Jung to be a Freudian*
If people are going to be jumping on other people for spelling errors in this thread, then I'll jump in here and FIFY... :)

Last Edited:
Agreed both parties suck bubblegum. I *merely identity closer to one than the other. Libertarians really need to get a REALLY good candidate and IF the networks would have legit debates maybe there could be meaningful advancement in politics.
The last legitimate Libertarian candidate was Dr. Ron Paul. The man is brilliant. But, he first ran for POTUS before his time (1988).
If Paul was the age now when he ran in 2008 (72 yoa), we would have a fighting chance. He's just too old (86 yoa) to run for POTUS now.

The last legitimate Libertarian candidate was Dr. Ron Paul. The man is brilliant. But, he first ran for POTUS before his time (1988).
If Paul was the age now when he ran in 2008 (72 yoa), we would have a fighting chance. He's just too old (86 yoa) to run for POTUS now.
Agreed 100% I'd still vote for his kid though for probably any political position. They are both pretty reasonable and honorable.

Anyway... We should probably jump back to the topic aye?

last I checked they are potentially losing both the house and the senate
There are also some scenarios were they win seats in both chambers and at this point I wouldn't put money on it going either way

I have a vague memory of a report on NPR somewhere around 2 or maybe 20 years ago about looking at polls after the election and trying to determine if polls from 'for profit' sources differed from nonprofit polls and if so in which direction. IIRC they differed in the direction of controversy and not ideology because controversy drove clicks.

I'll see if I can find it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads