JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He's saying he wants to fire on his fellow citizens who disagree with him. I have a problem with that.
Eh .. I think the imagery suggested a tad more than simple disagreement.

1657244062558.png
Holy crap Batman. It was captioned and I couldn't tell if this was humor or ridicule? I'm cornfused. :eek::oops:o_O
You're not the only one thoroughly cornfused. :s0076:

Well if you do your research you'll see that the "klan" was started by democrats. Jerone's ad makes perfect sense if you know the history.
And the fact that our current "pres" did the eulogy for the head of the KKK not all that long ago. Its pretty recent valid history points. Pieces of chit are still alive and well currently and that's a problem no matter what color skin or clothes they wear.

Last Edited:
Started by Dems, but I wonder which party the current Klan members self identify with.

Maybe still the Dems, maybe not :s0092:
Well we know what party plays politics in regards to race…. They may not being wearing white hoods but they exemplify racism in their words and through their actions. The look of the Democratic Party may have changed but their ideology hasn't.

Well we know what party plays politics in regards to race…. They may not being wearing white hoods but they exemplify racism in their words and through their actions. The look of the Democratic Party may have changed but their ideology hasn't.
Yes, but we also know who flies confederate flags* and who they tend to associate with so there is that.

*don't care that someone might want to argue the imaginary nonracist reason to fly the Confederate Battle Flag or that you have an overwhelming desire to educate me on the 'real' story behind the flag and flying it. Heard it all before, can't imagine that anyone has anything new that would change my mind and that road inevitably leads to thread lock

This thread is about a 2A ad campaign.
It's also about the racism that the potential candidate has experienced first hand… hence the reason for the necessity of firearm ownership…. The two go hand in hand in the campaign video correct?

I am not here to argue for the confederate flag.

It's also about the racism that the potential candidate has experienced first hand… hence the reason for the necessity of firearm ownership…. The two go hand in hand in the campaign video correct?

I am not here to argue for the confederate flag.

The ad creator has his HIS views and HIS experiences.

Use care in responses.

Yes, but we also know who flies confederate flags* and who they tend to associate with so there is that.

*don't care that someone might want to argue the imaginary nonracist reason to fly the Confederate Battle Flag or that you have an overwhelming desire to educate me on the 'real' story behind the flag and flying it. Heard it all before, can't imagine that anyone has anything new that would change my mind and that road inevitably leads to thread lock
Ahh, great tactic from the resident Contrarian; drop an off-topic reference to shoot your shot, and then play diplomat and refuse to engage in any further discussion on said topic that you brought up.

It's almost an art form!

Primely because I don't believe that we should be electing representatives based on their willingness to kill the opposition party even if it's just a nudge and a wink to willingness. And he's not alone, have you seen the one from Eric Greitens?

So I think he correctly and accurately identified the klan as democrats, historical facts cannot be ignored.

The ad creator has his HIS views and HIS experiences.

Use care in responses.
Agreed. I'm just glad we have a multitude of men and women from different backgrounds, religion, race and experiences who stand up and fight for the importance of the second amendment. Whatever your reason is, it's important.

Ahh, great tactic from the resident Contrarian; drop an off-topic reference to shoot your shot, and then play diplomat and refuse to engage in any further discussion on said topic that you brought up.

It's almost an art form!
There was nothing off topic about my reference and I didn't bring it up.

As for being "diplomatic" I believe you misunderstood what I was saying

And another one bites the dust.

What I saw in that ad was a black man expressing his willingness to defend his family from violent racists using any means he can, defending that right of self defense using the best tools possible. The imagery and rhetoric ("angry democrats") are a bit over the top, but I can appreciate his point.

Going back in history, gun control was often aimed at poor minorities so they couldn't defend themselves. I like the fact that many are waking up to the realization that the 2nd Amendment is theirs just as much as the "old white guys". One of my best friends is Hispanic, and a hard-core 2A guy.

I suspect that the real reason our more left-leaning members here object to that ad is because he calls the KKK attackers "angry democrats". Fair enough; most democrats nowadays are not hood-wearing racists, but guilt-by-association and historical smears are nothing new in politics, on either side. Rhetoric aside, all I saw was a clear willingness of a man to defend his family, not "kill the opposition party".

The history of political parties, race, guns, rights, and America in general is more complex and complicated than either side really wants to admit. There's plenty of good, bad, and ugly to go around on all sides.

Speaking of political smears, the "common wisdom" that we hear every day is that all gun-owning white conservatives are racist, whether we admit it or not, and that we secretly want to keep minorities down because we're inherently afraid of them.
If that's the case, why are so many "white conservatives" cheering a political ad showing a proud, gun wielding black man who is prepared to mow down a bunch of white racists?

that the 2nd Amendment is theirs just as much as the "old white guys". One of my best friends is Hispanic, and a hard-core 2A guy.
One of the reasons I think the 2A is not even up for debate under any circumstances is the way the cartel's use the mostly defenseless public against them. I think this is on the forefront of most Hispanics minds* as well. *and they KNOW damn well they NEED more than 10rnds to stand up to these organized thugs.
I think we are currently seeing most newly minted Americans agreeing more with the Commons sense party than the one who wants to wipe your booty and be your Mommy.
Rhetoric aside, all I saw was a clear willingness of a man to defend his family, not "kill the opposition party".
I think that's precisely what any logical person only saw. Nothing more. People read way too much into things these days it seams.

Hear, hear! :s0090: :s0059:
↑↑↑Very well said!↑↑↑

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR