JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This morning I got the best Christmas present ever (yes it was early). My wife told me couple of weeks ago that if I got her a rifle she'd go hunting with me next year. So I had to come up with a rifle for her to try first. I was going to go with a .243 because of low recoil and this being her first rifle experience. My friend didn't have his ready (no scope or sights) so he let us take his .270 which was scoped but not sighted in.

Short story long we took the whole family out shooting this morning. My two girls (ages 6 & 2) sat in the van. The boys (ages 5& 3.5) came out and watched us shoot. We ended up getting my friends .270 sighted in at 200 yds and also my 7mm sighted at 200 yds.

I'm absolutely stoked that my wife enjoys shooting with me. I think she's a better shot than me and didn't mind the recoil at all! She even shot my 12ga a few times and shot her .357 snubby a bunch. My boys both shot the 10/22 I got.

What's better than going shooting with your beautiful wife and children on Christmas? I submit nothing. Here are a few pictures. I can't help but brag and be proud of my family :cool:

It wasn't the best shooting setup but everyone had fun and no injuries. I especially like that I didn't even have to remind my older boy to keep his finger off the trigger till he was ready to fire. That makes a Daddy proud!!!

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

Before some wise guy mentions it.... No the target in the first picture is not at 200 yds. It's only 100yds away. We adjusted our scopes so that they would be shooting high at 100yds according to the ammo we were using. ;)

Before some wise guy mentions it.... No the target in the first picture is not at 200 yds. It's only 100yds away. We adjusted our scopes so that they would be shooting high at 100yds according to the ammo we were using. ;)

:s0114::s0114: That's the way I do it as well.....saves a little walking while zeroing in. I always set one out at distance to check...but we have a lot more open space over on the dry side. :s0155:

:s0114::s0114: That's the way I do it as well.....saves a little walking while zeroing in. I always set one out at distance to check...but we have a lot more open space over on the dry side. :s0155:

No kiddding. It can be difficult to find a place to shoot 100yds. If you want more than that it is usually across hills (I'd say canyons but that's exaggerating a bit). Not what I call a pleasant day shooting. Especially with kids that aren't entirely sure that they want to be out there in the first place.

I started reading and expected something entirely different, I thought you had a new baby. Glad you and the family got out and had a great time all around.

Thanks Bruce. How's the 30.06 working for you? It was for you nephew right?

Yes it was/is. It will be a graduation present in another year and a half. For now it's mine for him to use, but soon it will be his.
He thinks I'm the best uncle in the world. Thanks to you for the great deal on the gun.:s0155:

Yes it was/is. It will be a graduation present in another year and a half. For now it's mine for him to use, but soon it will be his.
He thinks I'm the best uncle in the world. Thanks to you for the great deal on the gun.:s0155:

Cool. He's a lucky kid. I kind of regret selling that 06. It was pretty accurate. I just got model 700 in 7mm. I like it quite a bit. I just shot that again today and had two shots touching at the target you see my wife shooting at. I'm pleased with that. It's got a heck of a lot of recoil though.

Congrats on your fine family...but a word of warning. I got my daughter hooked on shooting at an early age and then my wife.......now I have a wife I can't sass and a daughter who can damn nearly outshoot me!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top