Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The best gun show in the portland area

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by Ammo Can Sales, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Ammo Can Sales

Ammo Can Sales Tigard Member

OREGON ARMS COLLECTOR
    TWO DAY SHOW

AUG. 28 - 29
    THE HOLIDAY INN
    8439 NE. Columbia Blvd.
    Portland

In my opinion the best gun show in Portland.
    Guns - Guns - Guns
    Excellent educational displays.

2. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I agree.

Expo show has not been going good for vendors, or customers lately. The smaller shows seem to be better for everybody, more guns, less crap.

3. ArgentineSteel

ArgentineSteel Vancouver, WA Active Member

Well with the Albany show canceled I may have to visit this one.

4. kaoboi503

kaoboi503 Gresham, OR Member

Any more info on this gun show? Private sales ok? Ammo?

5. Neil

Neil Portland Metro Area Member

How have the prices been in the past on used guns? I have never been to this show. If you could please post the prices to get into the show, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

6. SgtKashim

SgtKashim Wilsonville, Oregon Member

Private sales at a gunshow, as I understand it, are illegal. You need to go through an FFL - see the 'gunshow loophole' lists.

7. Bam

Bam Portland Member

2 questions....

Free Parking? Cheaper than the expo show?

8. bcp

bcp SW WA Member

9. Neil

Neil Portland Metro Area Member

10. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Is there a phone number to call and reserve tables?
    I would like to get 4.

11. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I didn't see a phone number, but here is an e-mail that was on their site m1903@yahoo.com .

12. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Private sales are not illegal at gun shows (defined as a place where more than 25 guns are for sale), but the seller is required to perform a background check.

As required by law, the Oregon State Police provides a phone number for private sellers at gun shows to perform the background check.

13. Dizle

Dizle albany, oregon Member

is this gunshow goin on this weekend?

14. Ammo Can Sales

Ammo Can Sales Tigard Member

AUG. 28 - 29
    THE HOLIDAY INN
    8439 NE. Columbia Blvd.
    Portland

15. jgeist

jgeist Oregon Active Member

Has anyone been to this one before, what overall kind of selection do they typically have? Coctailer, are you going to have table there?

16. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

When I last attended this show it was held in the Coliseum, and for those who can recall when a gun show was a gun show, it made me know that things have not gone all to Haedes.

For this show, there used to be a "percentage rule" regarding table contents: In other words, something like "80% of all items need to be gun related", or "75% of all firearms on the table need to be pre-1970", or such.
    (Don't quote me on these, merely an example to show how the nonsense is kept out of the show.)

For people who enjoy the real McCoy, this was a reassurance that the show would be a quality one. For example, at the regular Portland expo show, it takes me about 2-3 hrs to go thru. (I breeze past all new gun tables, all flak vest tables, all knife tables, beanie babies, etc.) Although this Antique Show is much smaller, twice I found myself spending most of the day there, and still not seeing everything I wanted to see. And there were actual displays and competition amongst the displays. A guy can actually educate himself on an area of firearms he may not be fully informed about.

17. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

was there this morning.its about 90% relics and you can find a few newer guns if you look hard enough.if looking for an old automatic, revolver,rifle or parts of old stuff this could be good for you.if you are looking for the ar ak stuff its far and few between,there is a lot of cool older military stuff and some interesting knives,and swords,brass knuckes etc.the price for a days entertainment is decent at 6.00 and free parking to boot :thumbup:

18. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Cetme, if i'm not certain, I apologize, but I will lend you respect as a guy who is more interested in newer and/or military-modern arms. You gave this show a good review. My interests have been previously stated in this thread. You and I agree, that regardless of your interests, this show has educational value. My opinion: if you want to learn about guns, this is the show.

19. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

if a person were new to guns this would be the perfect first show.as to the historical value,they have just about everything gun/man toys from day one.the only thing that was not present was field artillery!i would like to see a few more modern war weapons and nfa relics added ..its actually a show not a mobile gun shop and toy store!definately a flash back to the days of old.

20. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

I went today. Very cool show! I loved the displays around the perimeter of the room. Some beautiful pieces of history in there.