JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got mine. Another thing about an M35 is the Multifuel motor, every abandoned vehicle along the way has fuel setting in the crankcase that nobody else wants :D

b57575e78ab51f21595aac1334820a8e_zpsuhmpurlv.jpg

My understanding of the multi-fuel military trucks is they get worse fuel efficiency than their non-multifuel equivalents. Personally, I prefer my diesel 4x4 one ton flatbed that gets 15 to 20 MPG over a mil-surp multi-fuel truck that gets 5 to 10 MPG.

Plus, you can't run them on motor oil alone, you have to mix the oil with a much lower viscosity conventional fuel.

Finally, in a pinch, you can do the same thing, more or less, with most diesel engines. If I had to, and I was willing to live with the increase in engine wear, if I was careful about the proportions, I could mix gasoline with the diesel in the tank of my truck - especially if I added oil to provide some lubricity. I could also mix various kinds of oil - especially if the weather was warm. I can also run on the kerosene, jet fuel, etc., quoted for the "multi-fuel" vehicles as these are all just variations of diesel.

The best bug out vehicle will depend on the time you are bugging out. In the middle of a shtf would be different than just as it starts. Timing would be everything.o_O

My understanding of the multi-fuel military trucks is they get worse fuel efficiency than their non-multifuel equivalents. Personally, I prefer my diesel 4x4 one ton flatbed that gets 15 to 20 MPG over a mil-surp multi-fuel truck that gets 5 to 10 MPG.

Plus, you can't run them on motor oil alone, you have to mix the oil with a much lower viscosity conventional fuel.

Not true, you can run straight WMO (waste motor or) in the Multifuel, but it has to be filtered. If you run fresh oil then it must be mixed. You can also run Kerosene, brake fluid, ATF. The motor had a FDC (fuel density compensator) that adjusts for fuel efficiency based on viscosity. My truck gets pretty much 10 mpg no matter what fuel and my 07 Ford F250 only gets 11-12 running around town.

I'll take my Diesel 4X4 or my fullsize Bronco*.
They'll pretty much take you anywhere and get ok fuel economy.
My diesel truck gets about 22mpg on the highway...Bronco was averaging about 14mpg but that's because i had the 5.8L in it. The 5.0L gets better fuel economy.
Plus it's nice having a lift, all-terrain tires and enough torque to push things out of the way. I feel sorry for the Prius that gets in my way. :D

*- i sold my last Bronco about 3 months ago but looking for another one right now. If I can find another one...it'll be Bronco # 4 that i've owned. They're beasts!

I have had our 1984 VW Westfalia since 2003 and its great to escape the everything in. Two beds, 2 burner stove, sink with 12v water spigot and two beds that can sleep 4 people easy. They are getting spendy but you can still find some outside of Portland without breaking the bank. Parts... Everywhere. I love it. I have seen some painted camo and they look great. We hit a deer ay a face on direct hit last year in Idaho at 55mph and the only damage was a a few fixable dents and a small hole in the radiator fix with a little oxy-acetylene.

One more vote for two wheels...

Hell, the traffic lights go out (loose power) and people in Portland will speed up to pass you in the turn lane in an intersection. Happened numerous times. You are slowing down to treat it like a four way stop like you are supposed to, and they go flying around you in the turn lane. Guaranteed somebody will do it.

Every time I go through a four-way stop (in PDX), somebody goes out of turn.

How do you think it will be when none of the lights work, everybody is panicking, everybody is an amped up aggressive cowboy, and the gangs are roaming freely?? Re-imagine the freak 5:00 snowstorm we had a few years ago, and triple it. Remember the bottled water shelf in the grocery store the last time the City issued a boil water notice? Mine was super empty.

I'm staying home.

I like the idea of having your bike with you during a SHTF scenario for when you're out in the middle of nowhere but i wouldn't be caught dead riding it trying to get out of town on it. People will be driving crazy and will likely run you over.
This is how i transport by dirtbike around. This way i don't need to wash out the bed of my truck or remove my tonneau cover each time i want to go riding.

web1011927?id=36RRT3&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=350&hei=350.jpg

Well your right about total panic and people being crazy. Doubt that any one will be able to move at all or very little. Depends when it becomes obvious that SHTF. That will happen within a few hours and metro will not move anywhere especially as time goes by. If your home great,but if your at work and away from home at all chances are you will not make it home to grab anything. Traffic will look like a big ant hill. Watch one for a while and you'll see what I mean.:(:(:(

I have my Deuce at home where I would plan to sit it out. Living on the coast (high ground) will be a lot different than say Portland. Biggest threat I see right now is quake/tsunami and my son and I work together and have our dirt bikes stored at work for just that reason. I also have a 73 Bronco and a TW200 so I think I got my bases covered......and a pontoon boat if it's really wet [emoji16]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top