JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a big 1911 fan and I just picked up a Pro TLE II as my new carry gun. I know compact 1911's are notorious for being picky about ammo and mags but this one has been flawless. when compared to my buddy's G36, it's about the same size.

also love my glock 21sf its really accurate and you cant beat 14 rounds of 45acp, by no means a small gun but in the winter i carry it under my jacket in a shoulder holster, in the summer back to my glock 27

When someone posts a message on these forums asking for advice on which is the
“BEST” gun, ammo, holster, what-ever, I’d ask them to stop and think for a second. What is “best” will vary from person to person. What works for me, won’t necessarily work for you, and visa versa. I personally like to carry a full size semi-automatic .45 acp pistol, in a belt slide holster, on my strong side at about 3o’clock. But that’s just me, my body type and size, wardrobe, living conditions and experience.

What you will most likely get are replies from members who tell you what they carry and maybe why they do so. There is no “best” gun, holster, ammo, carry method, etc. If there were, we would only have one kind of each.

When someone posts a message on these forums asking for advice on which is the
"BEST" gun, ammo, holster, what-ever, I'd ask them to stop and think for a second. What is "best" will vary from person to person. What works for me, won't necessarily work for you, and visa versa. I personally like to carry a full size semi-automatic .45 acp pistol, in a belt slide holster, on my strong side at about 3o'clock. But that's just me, my body type and size, wardrobe, living conditions and experience.

What you will most likely get are replies from members who tell you what they carry and maybe why they do so. There is no "best" gun, holster, ammo, carry method, etc. If there were, we would only have one kind of each.

Point well taken, still lots of good advice given by what I expect to be people who have trigger time with the firearm they suggest.

With that said I like the S&W M&P 45 full size. I've had mine for more than six years and it is a firearm I trust my life with.

The best .45 ACP is the Kriss..lol:s0155: Much more accurate than any handgun.:p

But in all seriousness whats best for me is not the best for the next guy/gal. Get some trigger time on some popular ones and then go from there.

new169.jpg

Right now I'm carrying one of my Kahr CW45's with a CT laser. If I could get a compact laser and holster for some of my Taurus .45's I'd probably be carrying one of them. Most of my time away from home is at night (night security) and even though I have 20/15 vision a little help at night is appreciated!

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I'm closing in on the Glock 21 or a 1911. Although I haven't gone feeling yet either. I want an Advantage arms .22 conversion kit for my primary shooter.

The Glock 21 is a big gun. If you want the size of a G23, you might look at the G21 SF (SF stands for Short Frame).

The Sig P220 is a very nice gun. Smaller than the G21, then there is the P220 Carry, which I’ve no experience with, but is probably closer in size to the G23.

I rented the Glock 21 and the Sig P220 last week, and shot them side by side. I didn’t think I’d like the single stack P220, which is why I also rented the double stack Glock 21, but actually preferred the P220 over the G21, which felt big and bulky compared to the P220, and the vertical lines part of the back strap at the top of the back strap dug into my hand when shooting it, tho putting on my shooting gloves cured that.

The FNP-45 line might be worth looking at also.

I carry a full size Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911 in an inside the waistband holster. I have never had a malfunction of any kind with it. It eats 230 gr FMJ without a hiccup.

I owned my sig 229 in 40, for 3-4 years, then I just wanted a 45 searched for a 1911 of any flavor, asked the man at the counter to see a 220 elite dark just for giggles. love at first sight, dove tail, night sights, same controls as the old 229. the SRT is gonna take a little getting used to. 100 rnds through the pipe I love it. glocks are great too, I just prefer an exposed hammer.

I am a big glock fan and carry a G23 but... am also a big fan of .45 acp and if money were no object bar none would be this
<broken link removed>

Had glocks, had a usp compact, had springfields, had colts...I like the tightness of a 1911...they're solid, stout, crisp, and accurate as all he'll, reliable, and tried and tru in design...battle tested and 100 years old...I got away from the plastic pistols and now I carry a kimber ...shoot a double action plastic gun, then a 1911...you'll know what im talkin about. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top