JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This quote from the article -
Gun ownership in Mexico is prohibited and so the drug cartels try to get many of their weapons from the United States.
- is simply not true. And it's the entire basis for this proposed intrusion.

I say bring it on. Let's get it dealt with once and for all. I'd rather do it than leave it to my children or their children.

This 'issue' will never be resolved. It brings in too much money and is way too profitable to solve. I don't remember which thread it was but someone here pointed out gun control is a safe subject to posture on for both sides knowing that there will never be any solution.

This 'issue' will never be resolved. It brings in too much money and is way too profitable to solve. I don't remember which thread it was but someone here pointed out gun control is a safe subject to posture on for both sides knowing that there will never be any solution.

Anything where there is a large philosophical gap and motivated parties is a good candidate for this posturing.

Just suppose that we have a mass shooting at a school that kills 40 kids, and then next week some copycats do the same thing someplace else, and month latter a repeat........................
All of a sudden gun control is not expensive at all, it's downright politically cheap.
Public opinion is about 50-50 on gun control now and would be easy to tip toward control.

Yeah, this is speculative fiction, but just how far fetched is it?

Just suppose that we have a mass shooting at a school that kills 40 kids, and then next week some copycats do the same thing someplace else, and month latter a repeat........................
All of a sudden gun control is not expensive at all, it's downright politically cheap.
Public opinion is about 50-50 on gun control now and would be easy to tip toward control.

Yeah, this is speculative fiction, but just how far fetched is it?

Where did you get that piece of misinformation? Oh wait......... It's bugeye again spewing his misinformation

The latest pole shows that 75% of the population says that there is enough or too much "gun control" and 61% support changing the laws to allow people to use firearms inside and outside their homes for self-defense.

From Zogby International poll taken 10 days after the Arizona shootings.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

since Obama has become president not much has happened re gun rights. and nothing will--politically, addressing gun rights is just too expensive

I, and a lot of others, think you're wrong. Take a look at the latest edicts pending on multiple gun purchases and and outlawing importation of some shotguns. Personally I (and lots of others) think that that's just the beginning since Obwan can't push laws through the canges will be by executive order or illegal rules pushed by the ATF.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Where did you get that piece of misinformation? Oh wait......... It's bugeye again spewing his misinformation

The latest pole shows that 75% of the population says that there is enough or too much "gun control" and 61% support changing the laws to allow people to use firearms inside and outside their homes for self-defense....

Where did you get that piece of misinformation?

Where is the cite, I'd like to check what the question was to get that response?
The 50 50 figure I gave is pretty accurate for people favoring stricter gun control!

Guns
shows the results of many polls on this subject along with historical records.

On 1/9/2011 CBS asked a question similar to the one you indicated was asked in your phantom poll
"In general, do you think gun control laws should be made more strict, less strict, or kept as they are now?"

47% said more strict, only 12% said less, so that is quite out of line with you?

Gallop asked a simliar question on 10/7/2010 and 44% said more strict, only 12% said less.

None of these several dozen polls supports your claim.

Of course, the 50-50 comment was not an important part of my speculative fiction, and anyone that counts on public opinion staying constant is goofy.

Once again, I prove that I am this forum's misinformation source.

Where did you get that piece of misinformation?

Where is the cite, I'd like to check what the question was to get that response?
The 50 50 figure I gave is pretty accurate for people favoring stricter gun control!

Guns
shows the results of many polls on this subject along with historical records.

On 1/9/2011 CBS asked a question similar to the one you indicated was asked in your phantom poll
"In general, do you think gun control laws should be made more strict, less strict, or kept as they are now?"

47% said more strict, only 12% said less, so that is quite out of line with you?

Gallop asked a simliar question on 10/7/2010 and 44% said more strict, only 12% said less.

None of these several dozen polls supports your claim.

Of course, the 50-50 comment was not an important part of my speculative fiction, and anyone that counts on public opinion staying constant is goofy.

Once again, I prove that I am this forum's misinformation source.

Indeed!

Thanks for the link buggy. At least you're willing to provide proof of your, and your political philosophy's epic fail.
Proof that 70% of Republicans favor "right to own guns."
While 67% of Democrats favor "control ownership."

Looking at the trend the poll exposes, the battle certainly appears to swinging our way, despite what you say, or CBS says.
30/65 in '99 vs 46/46 in '09 is a distinct trend.

Also, please note how Pew Research worded that. Even when they slant the questions, the best they can do is come up with 2/3s of dems wanting greater control, and more than 2/3s of 'pubs don't want "right to own" messed with.
If you can find an organization with stronger leftist slant than Pew, you're really doing something.

Hmmm, I guess Terence Perry is correct!
Control Freaks: 7 Ways Liberals Plan ... - Google Books

Dems are control freaks.

Oh yes, our noterator!

Either you can tell who is representing reality or you can't, either you see who references real data or you can't......

Indeed!

BTW noterator isn't a word, just sayin' It doesn't even appear anywhere as slang.

Is that some new angle at winning a debate? make up words that only you know the meaning too? More likely it's just the usual Ad Hominem attack, where logic and proof fail a the man, labeling must take it's place, WEAK!

:s0112::s0114::s0112:

Indeed!

BTW noterator isn't a word, just sayin' It doesn't even appear anywhere as slang.

Is that some new angle at winning a debate? make up words that only you know the meaning too? More likely it's just the usual Ad Hominem attack, where logic and proof fail a the man, labeling must take it's place, WEAK!

:s0112::s0114::s0112:

Can we get a custom tag for Bugeye under his username like "Forum Troll"?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top