JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you should go for an older High standard pistol! Much more accurate and well made than the Ruger auto .22's.

Something like these that have already been around for 50 years and the only thing replaced in them is the recoil spring!
image.jpg

volquartsen mark 3. Which is a great to turn your Ruger into a "target" pistol. But if you want a nice target type pistol just go after one in the first place!

I'm just partial to machined parts instead of mass produced and stamped parts!

Right now, I think a .22 rifle is the next priority. I know there's better .22's out there, but I plan on picking up a 10/22. I'm familiar with them and they can be modified a bunch.

Right now, I think a .22 rifle is the next priority. I know there's better .22's out there, but I plan on picking up a 10/22. I'm familiar with them and they can be modified a bunch.

Can't beat a 10/22 for the price.

I was at the range last summer, and this "Old guy" (about 75) had one of those "used for the Olympics" 22's...I forgot the name. Said he paid $4500 for it..

His target was about 20' in front of himo_O:confused::confused::confused:o_O

@Velzey , I like your High Standards, but they can't be any more accurate than my Grandpa's old Ruger Standard 22. It's the reason I only have one 22 handgun.
The Ruger takedown procedure is a bit of a hassle, but since I learned it about 40 years ago, it's not even something I think about. It just happens.
I finally bought a Ruger 10-22 for the first time in 20 years just because I found a nice, older one and thought, "What the heck?" I've had it for a few months and still haven't shot it yet. I spose once my grandson gets a little older we'll give it the workout we're giving the Red Ryder now.
As far as my personal battery, I've sold almost everything that I don't have a use for. I still have one for sale that could have a use, but I'm past that point.
What I'm keepin;
Ruger 77MKII 30-06
Dan Wesson CBOB
S&W Shield 40
Mossberg 20" 8 shot 12 gauge
Ruger Standard 22
Marlin 81 DL 22 rifle (was also Grandpa's and another fantastically accurate gun)
Ruger 10-22
And one other that doesn't get much use, but is kept for the cool factor,
Colt Government Model .45 made in 1951.

If it got right down to it, the top 2 on the list could be my only two...

My must keeps are as follows:
AR15 carbine
Glock 34
Pump 22lr (I've had for 23 years)
Hunting rifle remington 700 .308
12GA shotgun
And I'm waiting to get a .22 revolver probably a Taurus 922

I have a few more firearms, but these I won't part with.
Probably won't get rid of the others either.
I traded or sold a few firearms I regret because I needed the money.
I promised myself I would be adding from now on and not subtracting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top