JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found this post this morning, I have been at work so unable to research how legit it is. It is however interesting, and if true... NOT good.
Any one have further thoughts or have heard anything about it?

Found here: <broken link removed>

I quote from the post:
"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is taking a rare step of allowing public comments prior to issuing a decision on a study that could result in outlawing certain types of shotguns currently available to citizens.

The ATF completed a study regarding the importability of certain shotguns. The basis for a possible ban is based on a loosely defined “Sporting Purpose” test. Using the vague definition almost all pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns could be banned as they are all capable of accepting a magazine, box or tube capable of holding more than 5 rounds. Other characteristics determined to be “military” by the ATF can also be used as a basis for a ban.

Ironically, many shotguns with “military” features are currently being used in shooting competitions held by the USPSA, IDPA and IPSC. The rules could also result in obscure regulations where an individual would be unsure if he is violating them or not.

Dudley Brown, Executive Director of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, said if the ATF succeeds with the banning of tactical shotguns it “will be the most dangerous interpretation of the 1968 Gun Control Act ever envisioned and will outlaw thousands of perfectly legitimate home defense shotguns.”

The ATF is currently allowing public comments on the study until the end of the month. Those wishing to express concerns about the study can send an email to [email protected]"
--End quote.

That's from a story done over a year ago. I saw it posted on a hunting site, and the actual article was linked. Said the exact same thing "....is taking a rare step of allowing public comments prior to issuing a decision on a study that could result in outlawing certain types of shotguns currently available to citizens."

Old news

That's from a story done over a year ago. I saw it posted on a hunting site, and the actual article was linked. Said the exact same thing "....is taking a rare step of allowing public comments prior to issuing a decision on a study that could result in outlawing certain types of shotguns currently available to citizens."

Old news

That's what I thought when I saw this. Looks like this will keep getting rehashed as current for some time by blogs, forums, and other sites.

Here we go again.

Every email that gets sent to that address makes us look that much more stupid.

This study ended a year ago

Congress already prevented them from doing it?

Thank you all for the info.. I get a lot of these in my email all the time, but havent seen this one.. Sorry for the rehash, I didnt really have time today to do a lot of research on it. GuessI could have waited till I had time do do that.

Snopes for guns... I like that!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR