JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is permanently closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
My favorite store in Eugene. I HAVE actually seen some prices lower than other stores in town, not often, but I have seen it. I have also made offers on every gun I've bought from them and they came down $50 on two guns, and $75 on a third, so while their asking price may be high they are not un-reasonable to deal with. Even if they are a little higher in price I'd deal with them to NOT have to deal with the attitude some of the other local store have.

I agree with you 100%!

The other day, quite by accident, I saw a reference to the Baron’s Den in another forum, and since we were going thru Eugene anyway in the next couple of days, I decided to stop in and check them out. What a cool store. Friendly and helpful staff. I didn’t look much at prices, since I wasn’t buying anything, but I did notice the price of a Sig P226 and P229 since they were two guns I looked at last summer, and two guns I looked at this time, and they were considerably lower than the prices at Keith’s in Portland.

We didn’t have much time this trip, so we are going to make another trip to Eugene in the near future just to go back and rent some guns I’m interested in. This store was above and beyond anything I was expecting. The outside of the store gives you no clue as to the cool store you are about to walk into.

Great shop (almost a museum), prices are ridiculous. Raye is a great guy as are the other behind the counter guys. Walt (or whatever the owner's name is) is hard to peg. Some days he's flippant & non-chalant, and others he's inviting you to his table for a cup of coffee & a chit chat. I don't know what to think of him. His wife is a very lovely lady.

The behind-the-counter people, the excellent ranges, the other customers, etc are what keep me coming in, though I've never bought a weapon from them. However, if you DO buy a weapon from them, they seem to go out of their way helping you with it or doing future repairs/adjustments. This might make it worthwhile for newbies or people who want a functional gun but don't like tinkering with the internals.

Best store - by far in the area , love the range , the owner and employees are nice people , I've never gotten the too cool for school attitude from any of them . My son and I shoot in their league matches and we always have a blast (sorry ) ! I have purchased a number of guns from them and my wife ( God bless her ) has purchased a couple for me and they have always been attentive , patient , and if I have any problems later , they always are there to help. They will take trades , do lay away , and are workable on their prices . I have been going here for years , and I hope that I will continue to shop there for a long time to come .

I have to %100 agree with Dergockinmeister They are the without a doubt the best gun shop in the Eugene area. I've dealt with every shop and the guys there have always been helpful and full of good advice. I can't say that about the other shops, being relatively new to handguns I had a lot of question, and these guys were the only ones who took the time to give me info even when I made it clear I wasn't going to buy something right away. There is a lot to be said for a business that's willing to help someone even when they might not make any money from them. That said I would recommend them to anyone.

I've been a repeat customer at the Baron's Den for the last 2 years or so now. Staff is always nice, always willing to answer questions, and address concerns. Have haggled them a few times on prices. Prices are more competitive now than they used to be, even with online at times. Ive bought 3 pistols and an AR there. Not really any complaints so far.

My experience is this; got a great deal on a Sig P220, not so much on a used 10/22. Took the wife down to see what CC pistol she liked best. They loaned (yep, loaned, not rented) five pistols for her to fire at the range. She liked the Ruger SP101 the best, I found one for $100 less at another store. She loves it, I saved some money, and most of the guys there know and understand. I have been back and will continue to return!

A half dozen years ago I went there to sell them a beautiful Remington bolt in .223, laminated stock, jeweled bolt, Leupold scope on it, like new condition. The owner was at a round table near the door, saw me walk in and called me over. He proceeded to tell me why this gun was a dime a dozen and he wouldn't be able to give me more than a few hundred dollars for it.

I nodded, and quietly made my way over to Ray at the other side of the store, who immediately acknowledged what a nice rifle it was and gave me a very fair price for it. It's a nice environment, and a decent store, but I would agree that Ray not being there makes them pretty much useless to me.

Someone bought it and it is going to re-open, I heard as NW Armory or something like that. I didn't recognize the name of the fellow who bought it but several guys at the match seemed to know him.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top