JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Looking at the original feedback thread on the atmosphere of Northwest firearms located here The Atmosphere of Northwest Firearms - Changes
There also have been several discussions going back to my knowledge to round 2009 or 2010, when I was simply a visitor before I became a member.

The first aspect, is to understand the dynamics involved. It appears in many of the decisions made over the years were based on bringing more unity to a website and eliminating political causes that may result in animosity and difficulty between members and the operators of this website.

In observation, one can see a wave effect, nearly every year that affects the direction Northwest firearms wanting to go. Of course growth can be very important, and positive. This can be seen over the years by the elimination of commentaries, and specific changes in the board system and format on this website. And that's all well and good, but changing a website does not change the external direction of politics in general, but does effect the Second Amendment fight. The First Amendment is also something that is very important. And is also suppressed by outside parties yet is not open for discussion in this website. I know personally this is a very hot topic. I have met with Democratic leaders, as well as many leaders in the firearms community. I have spoken with both pro-firearms celebrities and businesses over the years. When you look at the dynamics and design of Northwest firearms, it is unavoidable to have the clashes that happen. Moreover, the site design has actually encouraged more aggravated feelings, and animosity that is directly aimed at the source. However this source is forbidden to be discussed on this website.

The issues came about in my personal opinion when the operators of this website decided that strictly firearms and firearms politics would be allowed, I think personally they did not understand the ramifications, and implications by eliminating what other sites do. In fact in the description of changes in the Atmosphere of Northwest firearms topic it specifically states that there are enough websites that do all the other things and they did not want to have the site operate that way. You would think that makes perfect sense, but many of the sites that we question the content and need to have a political aspect to it, also spend thousands investing in gathering Intel and demographic information that would benefit their members.. Somehow seems the consequences involved with limiting a political forum availability, divided the membership in my opinion a lot more than it united it. Here we are many years later after this plan has been implicated and we are still having the same issues, the same aggressive behavior and name-calling. Some may say there are a-holes,trolls and troublemakers in all groups, and they would be correct.. However most groups allow an outlet for members. The fact that Northwest firearms has eliminated this outlet, seems to have caused more problems than it solved. I do not think it is clearly understood, that of course somebody can be a Democrat and a gun owner, possibly even a liberal gun owner. And if a site such as this, chooses to allow these individuals to be part of said website, then they must accept the fact that many will not be comfortable having this forced upon them. This because as was previously mentioned this particular party is responsible for over 90% of the anti-gun laws passed, so by design a clash is built.. There is no outlet, and discussions are not allowed that contradict the set of new rules established in 2016..

I can appreciate, all the hard work that goes into building a website and managing one such as this. I can also appreciate the fact of wanting a peaceful environment for all members no matter what their political affiliation is. But quite frankly allowing open liberal gun owners and Democrats to enter and engage with conservative gun owners nd be nice plus tell them to ignore the underlying problems while never addressing them, is a recipe for disaster. I think that is why we have butting of heads periodically and worse.

I do not speak for all conservative gun owners, I can however speak for someone who has voted non specific party for over 30 years, until 2015 when a change to the Republican Party.. So those that may think my point of view is strictly because I was a Republican, would be wrong.. but what needs to be said, is things are not as black and white as simply turning off certain political topics as unacceptable. It's not how society works, it's not how the majority of groups work. so trying to conduct a site like this, already is confusing and creates a navigational nightmare for those joining ,and not understanding what they really feel, and what is a real life problem most be pushed under the rug here. Test

These are just my opinions, and my observations. They are not intended to influence anyone, or to be aggressive or challenge the direction of this website. I am simply making a statement of observation over the years as a member here and viewing the many issues that seem to repeat themselves over and over even know policies have changed, the site format has changed, but how people respond has not. The fact that this site does not have a clear political stance, and only chooses to be very specific in a very narrow political issue, that being of only firearms and not the underlying causes by those who are responsible, seems to add to the lack of unity..

DH

This because as was previously mentioned this particular party is responsible for over 90% of the anti-gun laws passed, so by design a clash is built..
Yes, but if narrow minded conservatives would quit with the whole "it is an actual fearfully and wonderfully made human being" and "it is not okay to be an abuser with mankind" hate speach, citizens would not need such a separation in political ideology. :rolleyes:

IBTL

I really do not want to debate the pro's and con's of allowing for political content , until I am better prepared to do so.

For the moment...and until things change...
Please remember the forum rules.
These rules are actually pretty lax and flexible....

Lots of folks use this site....yes Joe "owns" the site...but ...
We are like it or not open to all...and we need to respectful to all , both members and visitors.

We are a voice and an example both good and bad of guns and gun ownership ...keep that in mind when you post.
Thank you,
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR