JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across this website a couple of weeks ago: The Art of Manliness | Men's Interests and Lifestyle

Slogan is: "Reviving the lost art of manliness."

Manliness isn't what you see on late night sitcoms. You know the type: overweight, uneducated, pizza/beer/TV type of guys. (Admittedly, this is better than the more recent tight jeans, prissy mama's boys type of "[she]men.")

Check out the site, then go out and get in a fight, join a rugby team, grow a beard (or handlebar mustache), then clean yourself up, dress up in a 3 piece suit, and join a casual conversation over a cigar.

It's funny, but i never have any inclination to follow links like this at all. I am simply not interested in anyone else's opinion on my life or lifestyle, and especially my "fashions". I don't need to hear how inadequite I must be to someone else, or how my image disappoints them somehow, and I don't need to emulate anybody else's accessories or acquire any new affectations. I don't even care what anybody thinks of the size of my peee-nis. I am a grumpy old fart, it is true! The best casual insult reply that I ever came up with was, "Hmmmmm..................You must be assuming that I care what you think."................................elsullo

Kinda funny, I've been working on developing a site for men that, while quite different, has the same 'spirit' as that one. Interesting seeing what others are doing in that genre of website. I'll be sure to let everyone here know when the other site is ready for unveiling ;)

Joey, looking forward to it!

Elsullo, by all means, it's perfectly fine with me for you to be a grumpy old fart. However, it's quite apparent that you didn't actually go to the site, since it doesn't have anything to do with what you mentioned; and because that's probably true, I'll reply with this new casual insult reply I just learned... :)

Manliness isn't what you see on late night sitcoms. You know the type: overweight, uneducated, pizza/beer/TV type of guys. (Admittedly, this is better than the more recent tight jeans, prissy mama's boys type of "[she]men.")

Kinda funny, I've been working on developing a site for men that, while quite different, has the same 'spirit' as that one. Interesting seeing what others are doing in that genre of website. I'll be sure to let everyone here know when the other site is ready for unveiling ;)

So which is it Joey?:s0114::s0114::s0114: Either way I think I'll avoid it.

It's funny, but i never have any inclination to follow links like this at all. I am simply not interested in anyone else's opinion on my life or lifestyle, and especially my "fashions". I don't need to hear how inadequite I must be to someone else, or how my image disappoints them somehow, and I don't need to emulate anybody else's accessories or acquire any new affectations. I don't even care what anybody thinks of the size of my peee-nis. I am a grumpy old fart, it is true! The best casual insult reply that I ever came up with was, "Hmmmmm..................You must be assuming that I care what you think."................................elsullo

Spoken like a real man! Grumpy old fart's are the final stage in manhood, I know I am looking at the porch of old age from the orchard of youth (the 40-something's).

SF-

Spoken like a real man! Grumpy old fart's are the final stage in manhood, I know I am looking at the porch of old age from the orchard of youth (the 40-something's).

SF-

Alas, inside of every old person is a seventeen year old spirit screaming, "WHAT HAPPENED!"..........................elsullo (credit to Jay Leno)

I found that website a few months ago and it's been entertaining to read. Most articles are not about telling you what you should be doing but rather contrasting how the young kids live these days and how they take a lot of stuff for granted... and if they wanted to learn some of the skills their grandparents didn't think twice about they could. Of course we're making the assumption that someone who's clueless cares enough to read...

-d

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads