JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meh, it's the U.S.army. They could just throw more money at it. Chrome lined barrels would be a good answer for that problem too. Being able to throw a 90 grain bullet at around 3000fps (or better) seems like a winner to me.
I believe there is a spec on the expected minimum barrel life when selecting a cartridge. From my experience with the 243, which is solely with bolt actions in a more "precision" arena, barrel life is short. Just like most overbore cartridges.

I honestly think it's time an American company develops a case head between .378 and .473. Make a case that has enough volume to increase velocity while not dramatically decreasing capacity or increasing weight. Kind of like a better designed x39 case. Maybe a modified 6.8 SPC case necked to a caliber that has more to offer while still fitting in the magazine.

The ability to shoot accurately is very important in combat.
However...
That ability suffers when one is :

Tried...
Being shot at...
In poor lighting conditions...
Wearing MOPP gear...
Engaging the enemy at different distances...
In bad weather...

Also worth considering is :

The enemy is doing his best to kill or stop you before you do the same to him...
Cover and concealment are also used by the enemy...a good clear shot is often not in the cards....
Contact with the enemy is best done when you want it to , on terrain and conditions of your choosing...
This doesn't happen as often as you would like....

Training should reflect the above.
Andy

That's why practiced intersection and resection are critical map skills needed to call in some 6-8 digit arty missions….

:D;)

blr_2c36bbda5b0c842eef1438889f572279_c67ff2b4_1280.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top