JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the recent election I'm thinking about what firearms are on my Wish List.
I see guys at the range having mucho fun with this iteration (AR9) of the AR platform.

What do you know about AR9 that would benefit the first time buyer ?

they're simple fun and cheap. Everything is blowback and a little heavy except for CMMG and their radial delayed bolt system. Its a little more, but works pretty well.

Besides the bolt, barrel, buffer and lower or magblock, everything else is regular ar stuff.

I've got 3 9mms and have owned 5-6 in all. Including 2 home brews. My favorite is my CMMG guard, followed by my Beretta CX4 then the Ruger PC Carbine.

I will say home brews are ok, but if you are going blowback, get a firearm designed around that. Like the Ruger or CZ Scorpion or other.

Otherwise I'd say go with anything that has a delayed blowback action.

Most guns designed around the 9mm that are blowback have very larger bolts which I feel are needed to help slow things down. There is only so much room in the AR15 to cram in a bunch of metal.

If not you can not beat the price of the Extar 9mm pistol at $400. Kind of defeats a lot of home brews and others due to price point. Lots of great reviews on it on the web.

Palmetto runs great deals too on their pistols and rifles in 9mm. Usually they can be had for around 4-5 hundred.

They can take a little more work to get running compared to a 556. A 9mm ar is a just plain fun. They have way less blast than 556 while still giving you pop and recoil impulse to be satisfying. 22lr conversions are fun too but the experience seems watered down compared to 9mm.

I have 2 PSA ar-9's and they are cheap to shoot and lots of fun
I also have a CZ Scorpion carbine it's all composite
light weight folding stock adjustable rear site with a holosun on top love it
there are so many choices .
the Scorpion is what the S,S, use and if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me.
only thiers has a fun switch

I have heard lots of good things about the ruger pcc 9mm

nice thing about the PSA AR-9 is it uses factory Glock mags

more cheap parts to make a fun day

Years ago I bought a Rock River Arms dedicated 9mm AR with the plan to SBR and suppress it.
I put an eotech on it and have and so much fun shooting it as is that I kept it that way.

I have had many and have many now. What do you want to know exactly?

FWIW I'd go with the Colt pattern PSA lower . The mags feed better and are easier to load than the Glock mags and to be honest they run better. If you want to run a standard lower the Stern Defense mag well adapters run quite well and are the only ones that reliably lock the bolt back every time.

X43qsK.jpg

I have had many and have many now. What do you want to know exactly?

FWIW I'd go with the Colt pattern PSA lower . The mags feed better and are easier to load than the Glock mags and to be honest they run better. If you want to run a standard lower the Stern Defense mag well adapters run quite well and are the only ones that reliably lock the bolt back every time.

View attachment 516680
I'm very curious about the Stern Defense adapter. I built a KE dedicated lower (in pink) for my daughter but want one for myself. If I were to get this adapter for my other standard pistol lower could I just use her upper on my pistol lower? Her lower already uses Glock mags and all. Feel free to PM me to not could up this thread for the OP.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top