JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
thank you,
President Obama warned in his State of the Union address Tuesday that the nation's middle class is at risk because of growing economic inequality, and argued that the government must do more to preserve the basic American dream. quoted from yahoo news.

thank you,
President Obama warned in his State of the Union address Tuesday that the nation's middle class is at risk because of growing economic inequality, and argued that the government must do more to preserve the basic American dream. quoted from yahoo news.

Once again - those famous words "I'm from the government and here to help"

Um no, no it isn't..... have you ever taken economics?

Oh brother... :s0113:

thank you,

Well you had better vote for him again then. :s0114:

Pssssst, this is right out of the OWS hand book, and now it's "scary Fox propaganda?" :s0140:

Yup. It really says a lot about college students these days, and that is the scary part.

thank you,

So his answer to that was to beggar the entire nation for the forseeable future with bailouts to giant corporations and the criminal international banksters who caused this situation in the first place by a grand design?

You can quote me on that..

Um no, no it isn't..... have you ever taken economics?

Why yes I have. Thank you for your interest. Luckily for me he actually taught us economics instead of the social justice indoctrination that many professors teach. My schooling also coincided with the Carter Administration so I got to see first hand how big spending and over regulation can shut down investment. I still remember the terms, stagflation, hyperinflation, misery index, ah those halcyon days, soon to reappear I'm afraid.

Did you have any disagreements with my post other than semantic?

Remember the old saying "Those who can do. Those who can't teach?" I think this has become far too much a reality and those who can't are teaching their self entitlement version of ethics to the youth in this country. Just how long until this type of thinking leads to the complete collapse of our country? With a little luck, a few years in the working world will right the course of their (the students) thinking...

Heck, people in every generation back to Adam have said that about young folks. Darn kids there days - don't know the value of work...

Why yes I have. Thank you for your interest. Luckily for me he actually taught us economics instead of the social justice indoctrination that many professors teach. My schooling also coincided with the Carter Administration so I got to see first hand how big spending and over regulation can shut down investment. I still remember the terms, stagflation, hyperinflation, misery index, ah those halcyon days, soon to reappear I'm afraid.

Did you have any disagreements with my post other than semantic?

Yes, I disagree with you general assertion that supply side economics is an effective long term strategy. I also disagree with the "blame the worker/student/little guy" mentality that permeates this thread. This thread is like an episode of "All in the Family"... full of ignorant, simplistic stereotyping and misplaced blame.

Here is a quick refresher on economic semantics for you:
Classical Economics = Generally a "hands off" approach to market economics. Promoted by Adam Smith, J.S. Mill and others.
Keynesian Economics = The idea that government should intervene on the demand side of a market economy i.e. government uses deficit spending to prop up the economy during periods of recession.
Supply Side Economics = The idea that government should intervene on the supply side of a market economy i.e. government tax policy favors business and investors with the idea that they will use the windfall to reinvest thereby expanding supply and lowering prices.

Oh and I also think the blame Carter thing is off base. The economic malaise of the late 70's had a whole lot to do with the price of oil and the actions of the Fed to stave off recession and very little to do with the occupant of the White House. In fact Carter actually started some of the deregulation that Regan gets credited with. Hell it was Regan that ballooned the deficit with his "Keynesian" military spending. Facts are odd aren't they.
One thing is for sure, if we are going to pull ourselves out of this economic mess we need to stop substituting folk lore for fact.... Oh and stop scapegoating "those darn lazy kids" too.

I also disagree with the "blame the worker/student/little guy" mentality that permeates this thread.

You misinterpreted the video and the thread. It is not blame the little guy, it is blame the entitlement culture. The government utilizes the entitlement culture to buy votes in return for ever increasing centralization and regulation, which has a negative impact on the private economy which is the country's real economic engine, as opposed to the useless, parasitic "public sector".

I'd agree that blaming individual presidents is a waste of time, the attention should be on the welfare-warfare state and the parasites who vote for it in return for handouts, which creates a positive feedback for yet more welfare, more entitlements and more government.

I have to add that the entitlement culture is not restricted to young people. From corporate welfare, Wall Street bailouts, unions, etc, it has infected the entire country across every spectrum of society.

That's what we are under the present administration.

Some are, some aren't. Slavery is mostly a state of mind

As far as who to blame .. look in the mirror and try to realize "we" caused this by allowing an elite and easily identifiable group of international criminals to take over our financial system, our media and education systems. Name them specifically and you get called names and your post gets removed on nearly all forums

If you want to know who really runs a tyrannical nation just find out who you are not allowed to expose and criticize

Some are, some aren't. Slavery is mostly a state of mind

As far as who to blame .. look in the mirror and try to realize "we" caused this by allowing an elite and easily identifiable group of international criminals to take over our financial system, our media and education systems. Name them specifically and you get called names and your post gets removed on nearly all forums
If you want to know who really runs a tyrannical nation just find out who you are not allowed to expose and criticize
Slavery is a state of mind?? come be my slave for a week you wont think the same way... thats gotta be the stupids statement I have ever heard, Im unsubscribing from this thread now. You should get your head checked.

Slavery is a state of mind?? come be my slave for a week you wont think the same way... thats gotta be the stupids statement I have ever heard, Im unsubscribing from this thread now. You should get your head checked.

OK, if you can sneak up on me and kidnap me then we will do a little experiment. The minute you turn your back or I get my hands on a weapon you will find out what I mean. This discussion betwixt us is a battle of wits with an unarmed person

We just need to have mandatory government service. Over 100+ countries require some form of compulsory service for their country. It could be military, diplomatic, maybe even red cross but, SOMETHING. Then these kids getting out of High School and knowing nothing but the teet would actually get a glimpse of the world. As a former marine nearly 30 and in college, it annoys the hell out of me to listen to these 18-20 year old kids try to explain how the world works in class.

We just need to have mandatory government service. Over 100+ countries require some form of compulsory service for their country. It could be military, diplomatic, maybe even red cross but, SOMETHING. Then these kids getting out of High School and knowing nothing but the teet would actually get a glimpse of the world. As a former marine nearly 30 and in college, it annoys the hell out of me to listen to these 18-20 year old kids try to explain how the world works in class.

That's actually not a bad idea... would certainly help to instill a sense of citizenship and community in young people. We have way too many people in this country running around with a "me first - to hell with everyone else" attitude.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top