JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So as I'm sure everyone knows, some kid with a name I cant pronounce loaded up with a backpack full of "explosives", a pistol, and an "assault rifle". It was stopped quickly by another student who locked himself in a bathroom and called 911. Of course the pansy shooter lost his nerve and shot himself before the police even got there.

Before this gets hit as a duplicate thread, if it even is, let me get to the point.

The MSM is doing every thing they can to turn this into another anti 2A push. Even the media reps from the PD that handled the case are pushing it. The shooter, they say, had the explosives and 2, 22 round "clips" and a pistol.

Anyone who has seen this hot rod stuff he had will know that the "assault rifle" was some sort of semi-auto .22lr but they are really doing a number leaving out that information in the news.

So yeah, he likely would not have done much damage even he had been able to get started, but luckily he just offed himself before it got to that point. So tragedy averted, but I"m pretty sick of the news trying to turn it into one anyhow.

Yeah I was worried they were going to try that but I haven't seen much drama over it. Since only he died I don't think it's grabbing the attention they want but they key is he had explosives so even if they had a ton of gun laws he still had home made explosives which gets right to the point that it isn't the gun if someone is bent on causing mass destruction they will find a way so they need to focus on the real problem which is people. They need better mental health systems and we need to not let criminals out of jail that we don't trust with a gun.

Yeah, but this morning on the news they were pushing the fact that he had an "assault rifle" Which prompted this post. Then they cut to a pic of the Police holding up two banana's for .22LR. PANIC!!! Oh wait, nevermind. But to those that dont know, I'm sure they look just like the Standard capacity magazine for an AR or AK.

If they were responsible about this they would encourage would be attackers to commit suicide as the right thing to do first. Glamorize taking yourself out of the gene pool before you go on the rampage. Save us the hassle of dealing with your aftermath... OK, that is really cynical of me.

What about instead talking about mental health issues and how this person could have sought help. Perhaps focus on the human side of the story and how maybe he did seek help but had the door slammed in his face because no one would listen. Or how people wanted to help but didn't know how to help.

Hmm, nah, just tell these nut jots to off theirselves before they go hunting school kids.

You'd think this would be a LOL moment, but it points out the current we're swimming against- which isn't funny at all. If someone walked into a federal building with a squirtgun, the fabulous media would be sure to report the event as an existential threat to the very molecular integrity of the known universe.

Which makes our letter-writing to our "representatives" even more critical now than ever. We rational humans can't stay quiet in the face of the blatant propaganda the "mainstream media" spews regularly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top