JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright as the title suggests, my personal knowledge on the 1911 platform is very little but I'm starting to get itchy and want one.

There's a few requirements I have and I'm hoping the hive mind here at NWF's can help expand my already limited knowledge :)

Requirements:
- Has to be .45 ACP
- Would very much like it to be double stack
- Would very much like it to be suppressor friendly (Tall sights + Threaded barrel)
- Not over 1.2k MSRP

A few quick google searches quickly recommend companies below but I'm not all too convinced. Either some horror story I've heard about QC or customer service has me a bit shy. This isn't a bash comment. If you own any products from the company below, feel free to show your opinion. May change mine.

- Remington - 1911 R1 Enhanced Double Stack (Threaded Barrel + Tall sights)
- Armscor - GI Standard FS Threaded - 45 ACP (Threaded Barrel Only)

One manufacture that's got me pretty interested is Para USA. I know they've been purchased by Remington but how's the quality control on the older models? Are the newer models the same as Remington's? Specifically I'm looking at PARA: Black Ops Combat. This appears to fit the bill of being double stack 45, and very suppressor friendly.

I guess my question is, what other manufactures out there that make a double stack 45 while being suppressor friendly?

Thanks for the help!
-Mike

Ditto above. A 1911 double stack generally requires a sasquatch grip. Go to a LGS or gun show and fondle one.
Would this be a gun that you want for every day carry or just range time? I'm a 1911 nut but I carry a compact 45acp for EDC. If I'm feeling particularly randy I'll carry my 1911 though. A double stack would just add unnecessary bulk, IMHO.

Last Edited:
Alright as the title suggests, my personal knowledge on the 1911 platform is very little but I'm starting to get itchy and want one.

There's a few requirements I have and I'm hoping the hive mind here at NWF's can help expand my already limited knowledge :)

Requirements:
- Has to be .45 ACP
- Would very much like it to be double stack
- Would very much like it to be suppressor friendly (Tall sights + Threaded barrel)
- Not over 1.2k MSRP

A few quick google searches quickly recommend companies below but I'm not all too convinced. Either some horror story I've heard about QC or customer service has me a bit shy. This isn't a bash comment. If you own any products from the company below, feel free to show your opinion. May change mine.

- Remington - 1911 R1 Enhanced Double Stack (Threaded Barrel + Tall sights)
- Armscor - GI Standard FS Threaded - 45 ACP (Threaded Barrel Only)

One manufacture that's got me pretty interested is Para USA. I know they've been purchased by Remington but how's the quality control on the older models? Are the newer models the same as Remington's? Specifically I'm looking at PARA: Black Ops Combat. This appears to fit the bill of being double stack 45, and very suppressor friendly.

I guess my question is, what other manufactures out there that make a double stack 45 while being suppressor friendly?

Thanks for the help!
-Mike
i have an R1 enhanced threaded(single stack) came with tall sights. i am VERY happy with it. suppressor screws right on the end of it and its quiet as can be.

I also believe you are correct. What's the scoop on the QC on these guys? Didn't they have problems after the Remington acquisition?
i havent had a single problem with my remington 1911. bought it brand new 2 years ago. it looks fine to me but im no 1911 expert

From what I've seen regarding the grip width, the double-stack (dependent on the choice of grips), is the width of a full-size 1911 with the thin VZ grips. If that's worth the mention.

i have an R1 enhanced threaded(single stack) came with tall sights. i am VERY happy with it. suppressor screws right on the end of it and its quiet as can be.
Same here. I picked mine up a couple years ago when Remington was offering a rebate, and no issues with it so far. I have nicer, more expensive 1911s, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. A nice suppressor host for the $. I think that Remington was recently offering rebates again, maybe worth a look.

B359A161-DC02-4871-A59F-DAD073462322.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads