Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The All Bullpup Showcase

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by FAL, Dec 16, 2010.

1. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

There have been a few threads in which bullpups were mentioned, a few photos, etc. But not Bullpup showcase and bragging thread yet. So let's see 'em! Any and all of them from a .22s to grenade launchers and beyond.

First, a definition from Wiki:

"Bullpups are firearm configurations in which the action is located behind the trigger group and alongside the shooter's face, so there is no additional space for the buttstock as in conventional designs. This permits a shorter firearm length for the same barrel length for improved maneuverability, and reduces weight."

Let the show begin...

DSCN0034.jpg

My FN/FS2000

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Here are mine... :)

1-1-11007.jpg
    STG-556.jpg

3. sports-shooter

sports-shooter Seattle East Side Member

I'm not familiar with that first one. What make/model is that?

4. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

High Standard HS-10B Police Fighting Shotgun. They were made back in the 70's and 80's. They never caught on because they are a bit awkward to reload and only hold 4 + 1 rounds although I've seen them modified to 6 + 1. I replaced the original carrying handle/sight with a picatinny rail.

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I've been considering an MSAR or older AUG. Hmmm... :) .

Keith

6. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

The H&K M-25, 25mm Grenade Launcher

heckler-and-koch-hk-xm25.jpg

7. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Bullpup.jpg

8. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Mine.

IMG_7215.jpg

9. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

Aw man, I have always wanted an "AUG"

10. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

yskippy, hows the AK BP shoot? Hows the trigger? Who built it? What AK is it based on? Romy, Bulg, Chinese ?
    Do tell, I may like to build one similar.

11. das_napeth

das_napeth Snohomish, WA Member

Stmcelroy, did you add the "tri-rail" on your MSAR? Ive thought about adding just a standard side rail without changing out the fold down front grip.

12. stmcelroy

It's not a "tri-rail" but it is a extended rail that takes the place of the front grip.

I like the solid feel of the grip when it's attached to the rail, over the wobbly factory folding grip.;)

13. das_napeth

I most definetely agree w/ that. My MSAR fits into my 3 day pack when broken down so I kept the folding grip on for saving space rather than removing and adding the grip as needed.

14. stmcelroy

Just added this one today.....it's actually shorter than my MSAR( but doesn't break down into 2 pieces. But it's a 18" .308 compared to the 16" 5.56.

IMAG0242.jpg

15. das_napeth

so whats the OAL of that RFB? Since the MSAR is 27" with a 16" barrel.

16. stmcelroy

My MSAR E4 with FSG Halon flash hider measures 28-1/8" OAL, it probably gained a 1/4" or so with the addition of the flash hider. 27" is probably just a rounded off approximation.

The RFB as it sits measures 26-5/8" with the A2 flash hider. I'll probably swap the A2 for something a little more efficient, so it will probably be 28" by the time i'm done.

Still to gain 2" of barrel and be the same or shorter than a 16" gun has to be a good thing.:D

17. mistershipwreck

mistershipwreck Beretta City, Texas Member

I have two PS90s. My first, I have owned for 4 years now. I then bought an MSAR in Dec 2009. But, I sold it this past summer, and I bought a second PS90. The 2nd one stays stock, so it is my battery free carbine.

I like the PS90 platform much better than the MSAR. The PS90 is like 1000% reliable (you hardly EVER read of any feeding issues with one). The MSAR company is having a lot of issues (as per the comments going on for the past year) and parts are hard to get. And, after having to take out the barrel to clear a jam two times, I decided it wasn't for me. So, I picked up the 2nd PS90.

Since I have tons of gear, mags and ammo for the first one, it was a no brainer.

They are set up completely different too - so it's almost like having two totally seperate weapon systems, instead of 2 of the same gun...

2xPS90-5.jpg

100round-ps90-3.jpg

18. stmcelroy

Nice.

I'm starting to really miss my PS90, might have to start scheming about how to replace it.....

19. mistershipwreck

mistershipwreck Beretta City, Texas Member

IT is really a cool little gun.

My stock one has the black ringed sight. I was surprised at how good a group I could shoot with it at 50 yards - shooting at a black target with a black circle in the middle. I basically covered the black dot on the target with the black center dot of the stock sight. I expected that my results would not be too good - but they were great.

I still prefer the EOtech for speed and close quarters. But otherwise, the black ringed sight is nice. MUCH, MUCH better than the white ringed optic that the PS90 was first released with.