JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Its becoming painfully apparent that my mid 50s is the age where my former military leaders, my mentors, and the "giants" of my upbringing are dieing.

Just lost another to lung cancer.
Sergeant Major Hood was the type to never hold a grudge, never judge a book by it's cover, and to always uplift his subordinates.

A fine leader, a fine paratrooper, and a fine friend...a long list of great examples.

He was a husband and father!

He will be missed.

:oops:

Last Edited:
I'm sorry to hear on the loss of your friend. I pray that we will one day meet our departed friends and loved ones in a far better place in immortality. Just a reminder that life is short, precious and fragile. What ever has been measured out for each of us, only God knows, so love those around you while you still have them and can

I have known many individuals that have gone on to the next adventure. Some of these individuals would tell me stories of their deeds and they would tell them and tell them to the point you would know the words per batem I learned that regardless of how many times you hear these stories there will be a time when you wish you could hear them one more time. Remember that there will always be a last time so appreciate them well they are here.

Welcome to the wonderful world of a limited lifespan. God knows the number of our days. We are all born alone and we'll leave this world alone and account for our behavior while we've been here.

Kneel, pray, go to your Creator. He loves you and wants to have an intimate relationship with you.

Remember this.

Rest in peace Sgt Major.
We are lucky to walk the earth with certain people. God bless those that affect us, build us and make a difference in our lives.

Condolences. I know where you're coming from, been having to bury friends since childhood... granted, most of my social circle over the decades has been my parents' and grandparents' ages.

Vaya con Dios, Top--God has a special place Upstairs for Old Sarges.

IMG_1514479097108.jpg
SGM Hood

Airborne!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR