JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some who are looking for a lighter trigger in their Glock will change out their OEM 5lb trigger spring for an aftermarket 6lb spring.
I took the advice of Johnny Glock and left my trigger spring stock. He warned of possible reset issues with the heavier trigger spring.
I did monkey with a G20 range gun and got it down to about 2lb 8oz without touching the trigger spring.

Out of curiosity the other day I swapped in an IMSI 6lb trigger spring.
The first thing that I noticed was that the hooks weren't as complete as the OEM.
Maybe the Wolff spring is a better quality spring, I don't know.

So with this extra power 6lb spring installed, my pull weight dropped to about 2lb 2oz using a Lyman digital scale.
And the reset quality was degraded. The snap was muted and the blade safety came to rest closer to the frame, but the trigger blade safety was still functional.

Conclusion:
Changing to a 6lb aftermarket trigger spring is a poor man's way of lessening trigger pull.
The trade-offs are not worth it to me.
I would want the firing pin stock at 5.5lbs if I felt I needed to run a 6lb trigger spring.

It's funny that sometimes this spring is referred to as the "Trigger Reset Spring" or the "Trigger Return Spring" .
It looks like it is pulling the wrong direction to be doing those things.

:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads