JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which one?

• OOW 1918 BAR

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • WL m53 (MG42)

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • UMP45

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Multiple C&R Rifles

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Save for a rainy day because im not physically addicted to purchasing firearms

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • TB M40a1

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other (post what)

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if you had four to five thousand dollars to spend on a gun where would you put it?

Where would I put what? The gun, or the $4000 ?

- If someone gave me a $4000 gun, I'd sell it and put the windfall into retirement funds.
- If I had $4000 that I worked hard for and saved I still wouldn't spend it on a single gun. Maybe buy couple for $2000 or less and use the balance for ammo/supplies/fees.
- If I magically had $4000 just burning a hole in my pocket, I'd probably end up spending it on food for my unicorn or maybe get a flying monkey.

I guess I'm too set in my practical/pragmatic ways... but, that's me... I am what I am!

Last Edited:
$3995

Ed Brown LS10 Long Slide 10mm 1911 | Ed Brown Products, Inc.

DSC_1784-1.jpg

I could go many directions on this, but I'll pick one from your list that is also on mine and go BAR, If I could find one of these (even a repro)all the better(not likely though they made very few) Colt Monitor
AA790A6D-2FB1-4BD5-B86C-BEB68DE70DC3-4443-000006A9495EFC4E_tmp.jpg
Since I know that will never happen... I think I would be nearly as excited to find one of these...Tops my C&R list.. Ya I have strange taste I know.... FA089F70-DE93-4AFF-89A3-094C4A680951-6075-0000092155FAA5A7_tmp.jpg
A Remington Model 8 done up tacticool 1920s style. The gun that took out Bonny and Clyde.
It will be mine!
Or If I skipped the C&R section of my list... an Armilite .50bmg bolt gun, decent Optics/mount and a little ammo could be had right around 4 G's.

Last Edited:
This should be an easy question for you to answer. The fact that it's not, tells me that there's nothing that you really want right now. So take the "save it for a rainy day" option until something comes up. :)

I can't think of a single gun I'd be willing to drop that much $$ on. My M1A is my most expensive gun and that is about as much as I'm willing to spend on any gun. Honestly, if I had that much money, I'd probably dump most of it into retirement and use some for a suppressor. Just nothing out there I want for that kind of money.

I spent well over $4K firearms this last year - although on what and when blurs.

It was on multiple guns, a mix really, and no small amount of ammo, and one $1500 scope, among other things.

I could spend that much or more this year, but I won't. My checking account is down to the point where I feel the need to let it take a breather for a while. Due to other family expenses it probably won't build back up either, so I am trying to maintain what I have in the account now in case of new unexpected expenses. I don't want to have to dip into my retirement funds and/or stop pushing the max contributions into them.

I do have some funds earmarked for a new home defense shotgun - it is a tossup whether I get a DP12 advertised here or the new Tavor TS12 when it becomes available (although I will wait for field reviews before getting the Tavor because it is new).

If I was not concerned about maintaining my rainy day funds, and I had plenty of mad money, I would think about getting an MCR belt fed upper.

I spent well over $4K firearms this last year - although on what and when blurs.

It adds up in a hurry.

I just totaled up my MP5 project and came up just shy of $2700...including tax stamp.....and I figure that I still have $1000-1300 to go. Probably should have not pulled out the calculator. o_O

E

I always see a gun, car, house or whatever I want first.
When I come up with a way to make it mine.

It may take some time and effort. Because I'm not going to exceed my means short term. And jeopardize what I have already.

Anyways. I think they call these things ''Goals''? :s0108:

I'm watching one of Jack the Dog auctions on Gun Auctions web site and I do believe this C96 Mauser "Red 9" will come close to the $4,000.00 limit.
I have always wanted to own one of these with the factory stock/case.
Right now the bid is over two grand with 13 days to go.

20180201200012-6118.jpg

20180201200014-2594.jpg

If I had $4000 I would not buy another $4000 gun. $4000 guns are overrated and if the .gov ever makes them illegal it would be damned painful when they finally pried them out of my hands. I could see buying a historical artifact with that kind of scratch though. Goering's Lugar, Frank James Colt (in a museum in Missouri I suspect) or something along those lines.

All told I spent about $14K on my Barrett .50. About $3500 of that is ammo and components.....

I never would have spent that kind of money If I thought about spending that kind of money... The rifle itself was only about $6500 which seemed pretty reasonable.... But then "stuff" is needed.... and all of a sudden its unreasonable...

So think about that when you are looking at $4000 rifles.... Is the $4000 the cheap part?

I'm with jbett!
I'd buy a good "shooter" broom handle, then spend the remainder on the nicest "closet queen" I could find!

I guess I have plebeian tastes. I'd be really happy with a decent model 1891 Argentine cavalry carbine! I've always wanted one. :D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads