JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They had same price at Sportman a week or so ago on these decided to spend the cash on ammo .
My oldest son gotta love him, said I am hard to buy for so he got me ammo for Father Day :)
My daughter made me a stack of cards for Father's Day that included things like "My Dad taught me how to ___hold a gun safely___" and "One coupon to ___take me shooting___". I wonder what her teacher thought...?

If you look at that picture carefully, you'll notice that the level of the front sight rail is lower than the rail on the upper. I have the same upper assembly, and haven't been able to find anything that makes it work. Got a cheap red dot on it now; but since I'm not super big on AR's, I'm in no hurry to do something different.

If you look at that picture carefully, you'll notice that the level of the front sight rail is lower than the rail on the upper. I have the same upper assembly, and haven't been able to find anything that makes it work. Got a cheap red dot on it now; but since I'm not super big on AR's, I'm in no hurry to do something different.
Several companies makes a gas block rail sight; might need to pau a bit. I believe Magpul offers a MBUIS front specifically for gas block rails, as does Yankee hill machinery and a few others?

At least....where are the sights? :cool:

I don't equate cheap with a lack of quality. I love my S&W Sport 15, that sale price, coupon and veterans discount I paid $485 for.
Sure, it's a slick side, but it's been better than reasonably accurate, ultra reliable and a real great deal in my book!

IMG_1157.JPG
BTW, The carbine came with a Magpul BUIS, a good one! :)

Last Edited:
Several companies makes a gas block rail sight; might need to pau a bit. I believe Magpul offers a MBUIS front specifically for gas block rails, as does Yankee hill machinery and a few others?

The front sights for gas blocks are metal because of high temperatures; there's no accommodation for a lower height. That was how I figured it out. Couldn't hit anything... :(

That's odd. I know people have made use of the metal gas block sights on these guns; maybe its because most sights are "same plane" as opposed to "gas block height"? Might it be simpler to remove the block and put on a whole gas block with a flip up front sight on it?

That's odd. I know people have made use of the metal gas block sights on these guns; maybe its because most sights are "same plane" as opposed to "gas block height"? Might it be simpler to remove the block and put on a whole gas block with a flip up front sight on it?
Which of course raises the cost of the rifle...
The cost of the block is inconsequential to the upper assembly manufacturer; the frustration of the customer is what I call "The price of an education." You'll be wiser next time...

As stated above, you need a "gas block height" front sight, either fixed or flip up.
Open a Google Images search box and type in your key words.

Here's a fixed :
536347.jpg

My personal preference would be to get rid of the railed GB and get a sight/GB combo to reduce the clutter.
If I wanted a front sight.

Last Edited:
Before I swapped out the hand guard and gas block. The front sight was impinging on the red dot.
AR - 2.jpg

Got a low profile gas block and a new hand guard. Problem solved for about $60 and 20 minutes labor.
AR - 1.jpg

Before I swapped out the hand guard and gas block. The front sight was impinging on the red dot.
View attachment 371789

Got a low profile gas block and a new hand guard. Problem solved for about $60 and 20 minutes labor.
View attachment 371788

Then it's not really a $400 rifle; it's now cost you about $460 to have a ready to use rifle.
My plan is a full floating handguard and to chop the block down. This rifle has primarily been used to teach others to shoot, so a red dot has worked fine and I'm in no hurry. For social work, I have other rifles I'd go to first.

Then it's not really a $400 rifle; it's now cost you about $460 to have a ready to use rifle.
My plan is a full floating handguard and to chop the block down. This rifle has primarily been used to teach others to shoot, so a red dot has worked fine and I'm in no hurry. For social work, I have other rifles I'd go to first.
Actually, since I won the rifle kit in a drawing here on NWFA it's a $60 rifle.:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top