JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i just picked one of these up and if any one else has one id like to get some load data from you. and if you would tell me how you like the round in general and what you use it for im thinking of using it for elk i hear its trajectory is like the 3006 using 270 grain bullets thanks for any info guys

I don't have a 375 H&H, but I have a 375 Ruger. It's true about the 260-270gr bullets mimicking the trajectory of a 180gr 30-06.
As far as shooting an animal with it, I have no experience yet. But I'd figure that it would kill an elk quite dead with any decent shot!

Nosler and Hodgdon has load info on their websites.

Might want to pick up a recoild pad for your shoulder. Those bad boys kick like a mule.

this is a remington 1917 thats been turned into a 375 H&H it has a mauser type extractor a timinney trigger and a douglass barrel beautiful wood but has some scratches needs a scope mount i have a extra scope would leupold make scope mounts for this ?

I have a model 70 in 375H&H, it is mild recoiling and mimicks 30-06 trajectory. It should put an elk down really well. Lee makes a reloading book that is very inexpensive and useful. White Elephant sells it for 9 bucks.

Sorry for a small amount of thread drift but I just want to share my brief exposure to the 375 H & H. I was up shooting at a local gravel pit. A truck drove up with 3 generations of men in it. The middle generation guy asked if they could shoot with me. I said sure. They guy was so excited about his new H & H that he handed it to me to shoot. Good boom and good kick and it vaporized that milk jug! The guy even gave me a round to bring home for my collection.

i just picked one of these up and if any one else has one id like to get some load data from you. and if you would tell me how you like the round in general and what you use it for im thinking of using it for elk i hear its trajectory is like the 3006 using 270 grain bullets thanks for any info guys

Excellent choice nitestocker. Been carrying a Win 375 h&h for many years. It seems to shoot to same point of impact at 100 yards with different weight while long range drop is different. Trim your casings every time you reload. Many years ago, I got a fine load from Ken Waters. If you decide to try it, start with less powder and work up while watching for signs of pressure. He recommended a 300 grain Hornady round nose with 82 grains of IMR-4831 and a CCI 250 primer. Ken had clocked it at 2,445 fps. Approximately 4 percent under a factory, but excellent elk medicine. The load has been extreemly accurate in my Win 70 Classic SS. Note that the powder is lightly compressed and so go slow in moving toward this load.