Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The $360 Mini-14

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by joken, May 13, 2015.

1. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Mini-14 Ranch on Armslist earlier today for $360. Stainless gun for $360 a couple of days after the new gun law fiasco, and in Corvallis/Albany close to home. Normally I would have been all over that deal, but I smelled a rat and passed.
    Let's assume it was a legitimate sale and no one bought the rifle for the same reason I didn't. Is that $360 that doesn't get spent? Is that $360 that didn't help this economy in a small way? Is that $360 that could have passed through countless hands and helped any number of people? I hate democrats.

Bumpy likes this.
  2. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

I'd have bought it as the transfer law doesn't start for 88 days. Or, if you are worried buy it and meet at an FFL and pay the transfer fee.

Nick Burkhardt and U201491 like this.
  3. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Actually that Mini14 is really a 6500+360 dollar rifle.
    The 6500 is for the hearing aids if you forget to put your hearing protection on when shooting one LOL.:D
    The extreme difference between that and an AR still amazes me in the muzzle report from that gun.
    I have shot maybe 300 to 400 different firearms in my life and the Mini14 is the most hearing damaging one of all of them....
    Other than that it is a fantastically flawless functioning med and short range rifle.

Nick Burkhardt and Don H like this.
  4. Don H

And don't forget how it launches brass into the next county! Great way to keep people from sitting on your right at the range! :)

Nick Burkhardt and JamesRL like this.
  5. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Yes, I gave up trying to find my brass when out in the country shooting. I think most of it went down to the bottom of the next canyon over :D
    Actually the design is one of the best, but I could never tolerate the muzzle crack from any of the ones I had.
    The Corps took most all of my hearing, but what little I had left was lost the last time I took out A Mini 14. I drove home in dead silence. Thought some would return but no such luck.

F2CMaDMaXX and Don H like this.
  6. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

OK, I'm an idiot for not buying it. I assumed the law was in effect since the sometimes gay governor signed it into law.

U201491 and Don H like this.
  7. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

It's actually a real simple deal to change the gas port (inexpensive too) to control this.

Nick Burkhardt and Don H like this.
  8. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

In a time where a guy can put a AR15 together for 400 bucks I don't think that is a super deal for a mini 14. I'd have passed. If it was really something that lifted your kilt why not do the BG check and buy it?

9. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That ad has been in there for a month. Something must be wrong with it, because others for twice the price are selling. Believe me, I get tempted to check it out every week or so, but Im afraid I will miss something that everyone else saw o_O

10. Don H

I did! I had to as I hate losing brass so would flinch on every shot as I turned my head to track the brass!:confused:

salmonriverjohn likes this.
  11. Dbltap

Dbltap here there everywhere Active Member

Adjustable gas block and linear muzzle brake. Check out accuracy systems. They specialize in mini 14 and 30s.

salmonriverjohn and Don H like this.
  12. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

It was probably a trap and even had you been wearing A500 from ankle to dome.. shudder. Consider yourself lucky. Diabolical these days.
    Oh, I bought that piece a crap for $2.

Just kidding!

13. Dbltap

Luv my mini 14. Durability wise would put up against both my ARs hands down, accuracy wise won't ask much of mini 14 past 100 yrds with iron sights.

14. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

I own the new .30 and the 14 with the tapered barrel, that accuracy thing is a thing of the past.
    The .30 is tennis ball on to 200 yards without trying. I'm not sure how much more a guy needs here on the coast. Their both neck and neck with my AR's.

Dbltap likes this.
  15. Dbltap

My mini 14 is a 580 series, 2007, out of box I was very impressed so were 3 of my ar only friends, 2 have bought 1 since shooting mine.

16. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Try shooting a full auto ACC556 Ruger. Foam plugs and headphones still couldn't tame that sharp crack.