JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The IRS is limited to enforcing Revenue issues whereas the BAFTE enforces laws related to ownership, use and transfer of all things related to firearms.

It's funny though because name another taxable item that has its own private police force to enforce tax issues with it.

I guess drugs, the marijuana tax stamp that was never issued. Kinda shows you were they think guns belong.

It's funny though because name another taxable item that has its own private police force to enforce tax issues with it.

I guess drugs, the marijuana tax stamp that was never issued. Kinda shows you were they think guns belong.
Uh, The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was real. The marihuana tax stamps were real. They were issued to hemp growers in the US up through the 1960's until the act was overturned in 1969 and marijuana became a scheduled drug with no exemptions other than research.

Uh, The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was real. The marihuana tax stamps were real. They were issued to hemp growers in the US up through the 1960's until the act was overturned in 1969 and marijuana became a scheduled drug with no exemptions other than research.

Yeah but you had to show proof of growing marijuana and then they would arrest you when you showed up with the weed. It was a sneaky way of putting people in jail for trying to get the stamp.

I was talking about anslinger's catch:

Yeah but you had to show proof of growing marijuana and then they would arrest you when you showed up with the weed. It was a sneaky way of putting people in jail for trying to get the stamp.

I was talking about anslinger's catch:

Urban Legend. There was a LOT of hemp grown in the US during that period and hat all required tax stamps. Federal law made no distinction between hemp growing and cannabis/marijuana. Which is rightly so hemp just being crappy weed.

FDR needed to move the U.S. off the gold standard and onto the Silver Standard so that he could print money for his CCC and WPA projects. These projects helped millions of people to eat, build highways and parks as well as a whole host of things that benefited the nation during the Great Depression. It was called the New Deal. LBJ continued the idea with the Great Society in 1965. The United States went off the Silver Standard in 1957 because we no longer had enough silver to back all the inflated currency then in circulation. Today's currency is backed by political BS. We will have enough of that for the foreseeable future.
It's called Fiat money and is not worth the damn paper it's printed on. As long as our nation's revenue was tied to gold then silver at least there was an end to government spending when it ran out. Now we see why they had to get rid of ANY standard so they could be free to spend spend spend!

It's called Fiat money and is not worth the damn paper it's printed on. As long as our nation's revenue was tied to gold then silver at least there was an end to government spending when it ran out. Now we see why they had to get rid of ANY standard so they could be free to spend spend spend!
It's hard to imagine what the price of gold would be now if our currency was still tied to it.

$200 in 1934 would buy 6.3 ounces of gold IF you could buy it in the US. The government had outlawed holding gold but it could be done on the world market. If you took that near half pound of gold that your $200 bought you in 1934 and buried it in your backyard and traded it for XXX times devalued 2020 US currency you'd end up with $12,000. Think about it. Thats Ten $20 gold coins. That was the real value of $200 in 1934 currency versus 2020 currency. That is how much the US Congress and the President conspired against the American people to subjugate them.

It's hard to imagine what the price of gold would be now if our currency was still tied to it.

Well, technically, I'd think $20 an oz. Price was pegged.

I think this is actually a very interesting question. If we stayed on the gold standard, would min wage be .15 hr? What would the true impact of inflation be?
I believe taking today's value, there Is less than $10trillion worth of gold in the world.

Well, technically, I'd think $20 an oz. Price was pegged.

I think this is actually a very interesting question. If we stayed on the gold standard, would min wage be .15 hr? What would the true impact of inflation be?
I believe taking today's value, there Is less than $10trillion worth of gold in the world.
10 trillion, that would mean Apple would be worth about 1/5th the worlds gold supply:)

What is the downside of the trust versus individual?

And doesn't an individual need the purchase signed off by the local Police Chief, therefore it is subject to their personal opinion as to whether you should own such an item?

I think if the $200 tax stamp was adjusted for inflation, it would send a clear message from the USG to the citizenry that it's about the money, nothing else. So much for the hearing protection act etc. that could have made it easier for us gun owners alike. My other bone to pick with NFA items is how some shops gouge you on Form 3 transfers, while others are pretty reasonable. Doesn't take much to make a PDF file and send it.

What is the downside of the trust versus individual?

And doesn't an individual need the purchase signed off by the local Police Chief, therefore it is subject to their personal opinion as to whether you should own such an item?

You just inform the local police chief that you are acquiring an NFA item.

They arent being asked. Theyre being informed. They have no say in the matter.
Yes they are being informed. You just send them a copy of your tax form at the same time you send in your $$$ to the ATF. You address this letter to the Sheriff of your county and then forget it. Have never been contacted for any reason about it/them. People seem to make a much bigger deal about this portion than it really is. File it and forget it.

It used to be a big deal. Its not now. Ive heard in many sheriffs offices that they just throw them away. I'm sure theres others who file them. In any case its a formality that isnt even followed up on.

It used to be a big deal. Its not now. Ive heard in many sheriffs offices that they just throw them away. I'm sure theres others who file them. In any case its a formality that isnt even followed up on.
Probably true. I'll bet you could just not send it to them with no repercussions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top