JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Not sure how to post the link to the video, but looks like this kid had to defend his life from the crazies coming after him, one of whom who ended up shot in the arm, had a handgun in his hand! Does anyone have a different perspective on this? Not that I think that it was a good idea for said 17 year old to drive into Kenosha armed with an AR15, but still it looks like he was on the ground with not a lot of options when he fired.

He broke the law, crossing state lines with a rifle he wasn't supposed to possess to another state and town 30 miles away, broke curfew same as the protesters and shot some people because he played a stupid game, couldn't figure out how to fist fight or run well, killed some folks and ran away. He broke the law, invited himself to a protest that had nothing to do with him and now hopefully has his day in court and then years in prison. Law and order is law and order and he broke the law and then broke it again. This is the kind of loon who gives gun owners a bad name and political ammunition to those seeking to take your rights. Supporting this kind of person does the 2nd amendment no good at all.

Not sure how to post the link to the video, but looks like this kid had to defend his life from the crazies coming after him, one of whom who ended up shot in the arm, had a handgun in his hand! Does anyone have a different perspective on this? Not that I think that it was a good idea for said 17 year old to drive into Kenosha armed with an AR15, but still it looks like he was on the ground with not a lot of options when he fired.
You'll find much information, links to videos and accounts of what went down here...

Wont stick. They'll try to use this kid as some warped example.

But the video clearly shows them (rioters) attacking him. I hope some organization helps pay for his fees. He shouldnt have been there, especially being so young and having no actual store he was contracted or obligated to protect.

I suppose his heart was in the right place but he played with fire and misjudged a corrupt local DA (and politicians) out for blood. Getting near the violent rioters
(NOT protesters as they've been called) is like poking a bear with a stick.. they will attack you.. so either come in significant numbers or just let the cops handle it.

We all know that if you pick a fight, you can't claim self-defense.

If you've only seen video of this kid shooting the two attackers, then you're missing out on a lot of context.

Too many unknowns about the first altercation and first shooting. But two things don't sit well with me, regardless of those unknowns: that he crossed state lines to LARP and that he returned home without turning himself into the local police (so that all this crap could get worked out).

I don't personally prescribe to going where I know there's going to be trouble - BUT if I did I would make sure I had a carry that had gone thru the system somewhere so there was no doubt it was mine and I think the only real issue with this is that he is technically underage (if that's true).

Unfortunately it sounds like he has a very good chance of having the DA make an example of him and an easy win to add to his portfolio.

If he was at home and use it to defend himself he would have a much better chance of staying out of jail.

Just my 2¢ knowing very little about the situation.

We all know that if you pick a fight, you can't claim self-defense.

If you've only seen video of this kid shooting the two attackers, then you're missing out on a lot of context.

Too many unknowns about the first altercation and first shooting. But two things don't sit well with me, regardless of those unknowns: that he crossed state lines to LARP and that he returned home without turning himself into the local police (so that all this crap could get worked out).

Well, he did try to turn himself in. He was running toward the police the whole time. Once he got to them, he had his hands up and everything. They just kept driving.

He broke the law, crossing state lines with a rifle he wasn't supposed to possess to another state and town 30 miles away, broke curfew same as the protesters and shot some people because he played a stupid game, couldn't figure out how to fist fight or run well, killed some folks and ran away. He broke the law, invited himself to a protest that had nothing to do with him and now hopefully has his day in court and then years in prison. Law and order is law and order and he broke the law and then broke it again. This is the kind of loon who gives gun owners a bad name and political ammunition to those seeking to take your rights. Supporting this kind of person does the 2nd amendment no good at all.

6A5AD557-47AB-4EEA-B349-68B2886573AC.png

The real lesson here is don't assault people carrying a rifle. At least least they got the participation trophy... The Darwin award.

Whenever I charged a miscreant, I would hit him/her with everything that was remotely associated with whatever they had done. This was per our DA. They know that most of the charges will either be tossed or reduced and they need a lot of charges to negotiate with and in some instances to keep the bail high. He really was making an attempt to flee for his life. He is not the perpetrator, he is now a victim being pursued by a mob of rioters. At some point he'll be charged with something but not murder or assault.

Well, he did try to turn himself in. He was running toward the police the whole time.
And while he was 'running toward the police', failing his arms the police probably couldn't hear him, (given they were inside the armored vehicle) didn't see him or considered him another rioter and kept moving.

What he SHOULD have done is stayed at the location of the first shooting and called 911 and reported it. AND - before a response of 'Well he was in fear of his life so he had to run' is posted he was calmly on the phone with someone while others were giving aid to the shot guy - which he should have been a part of considering he was in Kenosha to provide medical aid according to the report about why he was there in the first place.

His mistake was leaving the area and heading back into the affray.

While he MIGHT have been attempting to turn himself in a call to 911 and then seeking cover and concealment until help arrived would have been his best course of action.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads