JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
why's it always gotta be .22lr? you'd think they could at least bump it up to a 22 mag, since something like a .30 carbine would be asking WAY too much

cool little gun.. dont mean to rip on it too much, but .22lr is about as useful as an air rifle.

Well because its a pack/survival gun. A box off 100 doesnt weigh anything and will kill anything from a squirrel to a deer. Yes MANY deer and humans have lost their lives to the lowly .22lr. As far as air rifles go this one is useless?

Wild Boar Hunt With Ranger 45 Air Rifle and 430 Grain Hollow Point - YouTube

Well because its a pack/survival gun. A box off 100 doesnt weigh anything and will kill anything from a squirrel to a deer. Yes MANY deer and humans have lost their lives to the lowly .22lr.

and many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many more have been superficially wounded by the lowly .22lr.

as you know, that's not the type of air rifle i was referring to.

crosman-760-pump-air-rifle.jpg

Yes but its a Survival/pack rifle not a kill your neighbor and take his food, Zombie hunting, revolt against the Man rifle.

And in survival situation I would rather have a 1 lb rifle and 500 rounds of ammo then a 5lb rifle and 10 rounds of ammo.

Yes but its a Survival/pack rifle not a kill your neighbor and take his food, Zombie hunting, revolt against the Man rifle.

And in survival situation I would rather have a 1 lb rifle and 500 rounds of ammo then a 5lb rifle and 10 rounds of ammo.

well make sure you have those 500 rounds, 'cause you're gonna need all of 'em to put anything down.

it doesn't have to be one or the other.. there's a TON of great intermediate varmint/small game loads out there. we're talking about a survival rifle- not a EOTFWAWKI gun, as you said.

some loads i'd love to see a "survival rifle" chambered in:

22 hornet
5.7x28
4.6x30
9mm!
.30 carb - would be freaken sweet

but there's just too many .22 minimalist fans out there. the same guys probably love their Taurus Judges too.

well make sure you have those 500 rounds, 'cause you're gonna need all of 'em to put anything down.

it doesn't have to be one or the other.. there's a TON of great intermediate varmint/small game loads out there. we're talking about a survival rifle- not a EOTFWAWKI gun, as you said.

some loads i'd love to see a "survival rifle" chambered in:

22 hornet
5.7x28
4.6x30
9mm!
.30 carb - would be freaken sweet

but there's just too many .22 minimalist fans out there. the same guys probably love their Taurus Judges too.

Such animosity and hate, with a tinge of overcompensation.

Personally, I love the fact that it's chambered for 22lr.
I wouldn't be nearly as interested in it if it was chambered for a larger round.

I can eat squirrels as well as bear. I can eat Beaver and Nurtia as well as Deer. I can kill a doe with a .22LR to head can't you? if a .224 diameter hole from a .223 will put down a deer so will a .224 diameter hole from a .22LR. The distance from the outside of a deer to the heart is about 6" and in that theres about .25" of hair .25" of skin and fat Then maybe 1/2" of bone or if you hit between the ribs 1/2" of meat. Then your in the lungs and heart.

A .22LR will penatrate plenty deep enough to hit the heart of an average sized Blacktail and anything but the biggest Mule deer. Sure you might need to get within 50 yards (bow hunters don't seam to have any trouble)

<broken link removed>

While I appreciate new and innovative design and engineering I see a serious durability issue. There is virtually nothing supporting the barrel or stock and a minor tumble with this in a backpack, or even being carried may result in a real expensive piece of scrap metal.

While I appreciate new and innovative design and engineering I see a serious durability issue. There is virtually nothing supporting the barrel or stock and a minor tumble with this in a backpack, or even being carried may result in a real expensive piece of scrap metal.

Most stocks and rails are "free floating" and don't support the barrel either. Until I get the specs of the construction of the gun or inspect it firsthand I will withhold judgement of the gun's quality. Agreed, an AR-7 (while it is in the stock) will probably be a better choice due in a B.O.B. due to the stock protecting the contents, but I think a statement about the construction is a little premature at this point.

but I think a statement about the construction is a little premature at this point.
Well if you notice I never criticized it's construction but simply commented on the obvious lack of durability. Construction and durability are separate issues. Airplanes are a good example as are eggs. Take two eggs and carefully split them down the middle creating four half - elliptical shapes and set them in an arrangement creating four pillars. Start stacking books on them and keep going. You'll notice the construction of an egg allows it to support a fair amount of weight when it's 'construction' is used in a linear fashion but take complete eggs and set them on their sides and try the same thing and one or more will break due to lack of durability. The rifle barrel is no doubt very strong but standing alone without a supporting structure such as a stock it is as weak as a toothpick and will bend if it is in a horizontal position with enough weight placed against it to overcome it's rigidity.

Last Edited:
425.00 seems pretty steep for that little rifle.
I agree - my $299 9mm Kel-Tec Sub 2000 makes a nice pack gun due to the folding design. It now lives in my quad front storage compartment. I would also give my 16" Winchester 94 Trapper in .357 the same designation but due to it's rarity it only gets hand carried at the range or field and never 'packed'.

Well if you notice I never criticized it's construction but simply commented on the obvious lack of durability...
...The rifle barrel is no doubt very strong but standing alone without a supporting structure such as a stock it is as weak as a toothpick and will bend if it is in a horizontal position with enough weight placed against it to overcome it's rigidity.

Because it doesn't have a full covered stock on it, it obviously lacks durability? You haven't even touched it yet, how in the world can you verify the durability by looking at a few pictures of the thing! That's like me saying it is inaccurate without shooting it!

I will try to find one to look at but the fact remains to get a sub 1 lb rifle means the total of all the parts must weigh that amount. If the barrel is the heaviest part (most likely) then the frame and remaining internals must be very light and small to reach the .97 lb weight. A basic rule of engineering is the application of anything 'greater' will always overcome any mechanical deficiencies. In this case if the weight were doubled to 1.94 lbs it would be considerably stronger just by the doubling the mass of the parts. This is mechanical fact not fiction. A minus 1 lb rifle, given all the parts to make it function has to give up something for that weight such as strength and durability in this case.

well i don't know how our aluminum trekking poles survive every trip up technical, rocky mountains... and i have heard of guys breaking them, here and there in the mountaineering community.. but by and large, they hold up just fine. and either strapped to your pack or being used for their intended purpose- taking a large part of the abuse of scree climbing

i'm sure this gun will hold up fine, if you're intelligent about how you pack it and don't deliberately abuse it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top