JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we all have that one we save for and get so close but then life happens and drains the funds. Kids, home repairs, car broke down. We all know the story. What's the gun that just seems to be outta reach on your want list.

An STI. I'm currently looking at the STI DVC Limited. I've shot some other STI's and I was very impressed with the overall quality and accuracy. I want one!

282D737F-55D1-4263-A77F-835E086933D4.jpeg As of today it's this rifle.
This rifle is just bada$$ I can't stop going to the classifieds and checking it out.

Reproduction Winchester model 1885 Hi Wall in 45-70 32" barrel Double set triggers Deluxe checkered stock. With both Soule long range iron sights and a MVA 6X full length scope

Sako L461 Vixen Deluxe in 223 Remington. Can't quite seem to come up with the $2K+ price tag these things are commanding these days.

I have pretty much all the practical ones I need, but would like to add for various reasons:

Antique Wells Fargo coach gun, side by side shotgun.
Vintage Browning 12 gauge shotgun
SW Detective Special 2 inch barrel .38
44 Magnum Do you feel Lucky ??? Well..do you ?
Winchester Lever Action 45-70

I saved up $350 in the year of my first real job, i worked as a bellhop at a Howard Johnson motel in Macon, Ga. I was13.
I so wanted to buy a 30-30 because I already had access to an 870 & a Rem 510 22lr and I hunted A LOT since 8 years old!!!
One day riding the bus home from school (because my stupid brother wouldn't wait for me) I saw a new adition at one of the 2 car lots in town. I spied a purrty dark green 68 mustang coupe.... Within a week I had talked my Dad into cosigning (he did my brothers 66 GTO the year before).
I didn't get the 30-30 for another 20 years...:p:p:p

I kinda like classic .22 lr semi-auto target pistols. Have Beretta 87 & 89, S&W 41 & 622, Buckmark Ultra Target. Wouldn't mind a Hammerli at a good price, but not presently saving for anything - gun safe's pretty full.

But, oops, Tikka TX1 in a Manners stock may be in my future to match my .260 CTR in a Manners stock.

That is like comparing a Colt to a Taurus.
Don't get me wrong, the Howa/Vanguard's are decent rifles, but they don't make them like the Sako Vixen anymore.

Considering Howa was sued by sako for copying the action, Id say they are pretty similar. Howa had to reshape the top of the receiver (and copied the Remington 700 bridge and ring shape) to make it "different" enough.

Same action is basically used to make the Nosler 48. Fit and finish isn't the same, but the design is there.

Mine right now is a Glock 19. I save up most of it and either spend it on other goodies or give it to the wife. Last week I was so close to buying it but I wanted a scope for the ar more lol.

Where to start...
I have my HD guns and Hunting guns covered (there will be more someday of course;)).

I have always wanted:

Desert Eagle - with all conversions (my finances are a long way off from that though, much less the ammo cost).

A Beretta 92fs Inox - mostly for target shooting for cheap.

I'd like a nice AR pistol in 9mm with glock mags.

I'd really like a Ruger MK4 SS Hunter for cheap plinking.

Ak-47

Gp100 6"SS

I can't really just pick one I guess because I tend to buy guns that I want that are priced too good to pass on, when I have the cash.

So I'm not real focused on any particular gun but more of an opportunity buyer.

theres too many to list LOL.

i would really like an ACR, a scar heavy and a scar light.

barret m107a1 20" barrel (i COULD......but i would probably NEVER hear the end of it and maybe end up divorced lol)

some semi auto shotguns

start buying revolvers

i want every gun i see...

Last Edited:
Whitworth rifle, Fayetteville rifle, AK-9 (the 9x39 one), SVD, Galil, or even an original AR-10.

Most of these are just expensive, the first two are extremely expensive. The AK-9 just isn't available states side.

Considering Howa was sued by sako for copying the action, Id say they are pretty similar. Howa had to reshape the top of the receiver (and copied the Remington 700 bridge and ring shape) to make it "different" enough.

Same action is basically used to make the Nosler 48. Fit and finish isn't the same, but the design is there.

You are thinking of the Dickson/Howa rifles. The Dickson/Howa rifles were the direct Japanese copy of the Sako action from the 70's. Sako did sue them to stop production because they were a direct copy knockoff. The Dickson/Howa Sako copies are rare to find and still pull in the $1K range price wise depending on condition.

The Dickson/Howa rifles were control round feed action with nice wood. The Howa 1500 aka Weatherby Vanguard are a push feed with a plastic stock, that are IMHO a good rifle, but not of 60's - 70's era Sako quality/design.

The current Howa rifles have very little in common with the Sako other than they both have a bolt and shoot cartridges.

The Nosler rifles are using or based on the current push feed Howa action.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top