JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is an implicit warning in that article that we all should heed.

The liberals, should they gain control of the Supreme Court, will do what they can to overturn Heller and remove that key decision that defines ownership, the right to keep and bear arms, as an individual right under the 2nd Amendment. If they are successful, the 2nd may not be far behind.

The Supreme Court can not do away with the 2nd. The Bill of Rights itself cannot be changed. The term refers to the first ten amendments to the U.S. constitution. If there were some specific change you wanted to make, it would require adding a new amendment to supersede some element of the Bill of Rights. There is already precedent for this.

The Constitution (Article V) provides that amendments can be proposed either by Congress, with a two-thirds vote of both houses, or by a national convention requested by two-thirds of the state legislatures.

On March 22, 1972, the Equal Rights Amendment is passed by the U.S. Senate and sent to the states for ratification. First proposed by the National Woman's political party in 1923, the Equal Rights Amendment was to provide for the legal equality of the sexes and prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex.

And it has still not gotten the required states to vote in favor of it.

I do not believe the 2nd is going to be superseded by another amendment.

this is not to say they can't pass a bunch of stupid laws the court will allow to stand (mostly by never agreeing to hear a case against them) but the 2nd will still be there.

Uh, alexx1401, your kind attention is directed to the right side of the screen, no alexx1401, your other right :rolleyes: and you will see the words

Temporarily out of stock, we'll ship when we get some!

This book got a sudden surge. It was available for next day when I first looked. Joe Link probably was responsible for a sudden surge in sales of her book. She should send him one for free :)

Last Edited:
The Supreme Court can not do away with the 2nd. The Bill of Rights itself cannot be changed. The term refers to the first ten amendments to the U.S. constitution. If there were some specific change you wanted to make, it would require adding a new amendment to supersede some element of the Bill of Rights. There is already precedent for this.

The Constitution (Article V) provides that amendments can be proposed either by Congress, with a two-thirds vote of both houses, or by a national convention requested by two-thirds of the state legislatures.

On March 22, 1972, the Equal Rights Amendment is passed by the U.S. Senate and sent to the states for ratification. First proposed by the National Woman's political party in 1923, the Equal Rights Amendment was to provide for the legal equality of the sexes and prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex.

And it has still not gotten the required states to vote in favor of it.

I do not believe the 2nd is going to be superseded by another amendment.

this is not to say they can't pass a bunch of stupid laws the court will allow to stand (mostly by never agreeing to hear a case against them) but the 2nd will still be there.
While the Supreme Court cannot do away with the Second Amendment, they certainly can misinterpret it, which is exactly what many people were asking them to do, and what several Justices still in office wanted to do. Don't think for a moment that they won't once they can.

Last Edited:
While the Supreme Court cannot do away with the Second Amendment, the certainly can misinterpret it, which is exactly what many people were asking them to do, and what several Justices still in office wanted to do. Don't think for a moment that the won't once they can.
The problem for the anti's is that any vacancy arising now will be filled by Trump. The average age of several of the justices is just short of "deceased". And BTW, Justice J.P. Stevens is and always was an idiot, appointed by Carter, If I remember correctly. He is best ignored now that he is retired.

Well, I got in to view the article once, but now just get garbage. Guess I have to subscribe for another peek.

Hopefully President Trump's choices for judges will adhere to the original intent--including birthright citizenship under the 14th Amendment.

Well, I got in to view the article once, but now just get garbage. Guess I have to subscribe for another peek.

Hopefully President Trump's choices for judges will adhere to the original intent--including birthright citizenship under the 14th Amendment.
Here's a scary quote:

"Malcolm is now a Republican herself. When she hears gun-control advocates say they don't want to ban all guns — "just the ones that look scary," as she puts it, with a tone of contempt — her thoughts turn back to Britain. In 2002, she published Guns and Violence: The English Experience. It showed, among other things, that crime rates were low in the 19th century, a period with few gun restrictions. Things are different today: Crime has worsened in the United Kingdom, while gun ownership is rare. "Britain has gone down the road of taking away guns," she says. "And look where it got them."

She points to a website of the U.K.'s Police National Legal Database, which includes an online forum called "Ask the Police." One question inquires about self-defense products. Are any legal? The answer: Only one, a "rape alarm" that looks like a car remote. Its panic button emits a screeching sound. The website also warns against using nontoxic sprays against assailants. If "sprayed in someone's eyes," such a chemical "would become an offensive weapon." In other words, potential rape victims can push panic buttons but must not dare to injure attackers — not with sprays, let alone knives or guns. "Can you believe it?" asks Malcolm. "They don't let people protect themselves."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top