Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

That will be enough out of you, New York.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by IheartSig, Dec 5, 2015.

1. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

2. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

The poor liberal Press is frustrated.

They keep trying desperately to light a fire made of soaking wet wood.
    And just can't understand why the flames of ignorance wont take hold when were in a state of attack?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Caveman Jim and etrain16 like this.
  3. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I'm having fun over there :D

Caveman Jim and etrain16 like this.
  4. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I've been over on one of those stories reading the comments.....Apparently there are still a lot of folks out there that believe there are "Gun Show Loop Holes". Folks are believing that you don't need to do a background check at gun shows? What's with that? And no one is correcting them!

It's getting bad when WE, firearms enthusiasts can't politely and intelligently educate those that need it. Derogatory terms and talking down to them just won't work. How's it make you feel when THEY treat you like that?

5. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

How does one "politely" discuss the issue with people who type things like "The Second Amendment will soon go the way of the dinosaur. As it should"

I'm weary of taking the "high road" with some of these turds.

svxr8dr and 41Slinger like this.
  6. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Well, calling people names and talking like back woods inbred hillbillies to them, (no offence to hillbillies), sure isn't going to get people on your/our side! Plus, it makes us sound like the ones lacking intelligence.

Sigh....Understandable.

308, if you're over there having fun maybe you'd go and correct the ignorant on the whole no back ground check at gun shows thing?

7. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Those who don't believe must be left to fend for themselves when the SFTF. And it's going to....

Let's see how they feel about the 2nd Amendment then...

John Gault and 308 like this.
  8. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've tried having reasonable discussions with these people - and usually end up getting called names for my trouble. Besides, no one is ever going to change their position based on a comment in a story, it just doesn't happen. But I agree, it is important to call them on their B.S., and to educate them in the hope that maybe some reader may learn something. I try to be fairly kind in my remarks, yet when I present facts, I'm often met with personal attacks. It's frustrating.

9. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

They do seem to be in panic mode. The first front page editorial since 1920, and it's about gun control? Holy crap, what's happened since 1920 that could have justified an editorial? I don't know, maybe things like WWII? Korea? Vietnam? The Cold War? AIDS? Riots? Drugs? Civil Rights? Where the hell has the NYT been for the last 95 years? This is really the first time in 95 years they've been so worked up that NOW is the time, and they do it by attacking a constitutionally guaranteed right?

Once more the press shows how out of touch they really are. I will enjoy it immensely should the day come that they go out of business.

Medic! likes this.
  10. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Since 1920

upload_2015-12-5_10-12-6.jpeg

etrain16 likes this.
  11. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What's really funny is that after the 2A is gone, the next to go will be the 1A and what logically follows is the fact that we won't have anything to put our fish in per jbett98 ^^^^

View attachment 266658 [/QUOTE]

Medic! likes this.
  12. David Bowman

David Bowman Beaverton OR Archer Defense Concepts

Newspapers? Those are still around? I thought they went to the same place that rotary phones, Betamax VCRs, and typewriters.

Newspapers: the buggy whips of the digital age.

41Slinger likes this.
  13. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

New Yorkers need SOMETHING to read while they ride the subway or the bus to work in the morning.

14. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Yes.
    But you think at some point they would be embarrassed? :s0092: