JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all have one: That gun that we'd never sell, never trade, and never get rid of. Oh, we may own several others and yet we still come back to this gun like a comfortable pair of old shoes.
It's not the prettiest weapon we own. It's got holster wear, some scratches after years and years of ownership. The magazines are scratched up from hundreds of reloads and the action had been worked so many times that it has the texture of a seasoned cast iron skillet. Still, for some reason, it always finds a way into the holster for road trips and into our hand when things go bump in the night.
The thing is, it's YOUR gun and it works for YOU. It's not the "newest", or the flashiest. It's got some creep in the trigger but you've fired it so many times that you always know where it breaks.
I figure most of us have a gun like this (or are still looking for one). For me, it came in the shape of a battered CZ P01. I've lost track of the round count over the years but it's never had a "failure to fire" and it is still more accurate than I am.
We all have a favorite. what's yours?
IMG1365.jpg

IMG1365.jpg

Last Edited:
Its the first pistol that I ever bought - Kimber Desert Warrior. Even named by German Shepherd Kimber. I don't have any attachment to my other firearms but this one will be handed down for sure.

My S&W 1911 PD. It became I cop when I did, and have carried it off duty for years too. It's been re-finished twice, can't read the SN because of the ceramic coat on it, so can't sell it anyway. Not that I would, it'll be handed down like a war bring home.

Series 70, Colt Combat Commander that I purchased used in about 1985 and then sent off to Wayne Novak for a complete overhaul back before Wayne Novak was cool. It's the smoothest and most comfortable gun that I own. My sons have been having a discussion for a number of years about who gets the Commander when dad is dead.

JSJPDX, you have good taste. I bought a new Series 70 Government in 38 Super back in 1977. I paid $175 out the door and that seemed like a lot of money. A year later I picked up a new S&W K-22 8 3/8", paid $150. Both have taken much game and I have no plans to sell either.

The Essex-frame mixmaster 1911 I carried in my Executive Protection days. It's all I have to remember a young lady who I once loved enough to be willing to commit to trade my life for hers by, and for that reason alone it is truly my "From My Cold Dead Hands" gun.

JSJPDX, you have good taste. I bought a new Series 70 Government in 38 Super back in 1977. I paid $175 out the door and that seemed like a lot of money. A year later I picked up a new S&W K-22 8 3/8", paid $150. Both have taken much game and I have no plans to sell either.

It appears we have the same taste, Colt 1911s and S&W K frame revolvers.

My S&W 1911 PD. It became I cop when I did, and have carried it off duty for years too. It's been re-finished twice, can't read the SN because of the ceramic coat on it, so can't sell it anyway. Not that I would, it'll be handed down like a war bring home.

It's amazing how much that first duty weapon takes hold, huh? Mine was a simple Glock 22 and I can STILL clean it in the dark and know exactly where the trigger breaks :)

Super old, worth nothing, fake ivory handle S&W 38 special. Why won't I get rid of it, you ask? No one wants it except my son.
Also, it was my mom's. When she passed at 68 she left me all her black hills gold jewelry and her pistol. Let no one say my family ain't hillbilly!

Super old, worth nothing, fake ivory handle S&W 38 special. Why won't I get rid of it, you ask? No one wants it except my son.
Also, it was my mom's. When she passed at 68 she left me all her black hills gold jewelry and her pistol. Let no one say my family ain't hillbilly!

THAT is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. GREAT history!

Colt 1911 National Match "Pre Gold Cup" made in 1968.
My friend passed away and his widow gave it to me. Every time I hold it, it brings back memories of him.
It sports a Colt Ace .22 Conversion right now so I can afford to shoot it.

There's absolutely nothing in the safe I wouldn't sell if it netted me more than the gun is worth is usefulness.... Considering selling my M&Ps to help fund a new business right now, even. Guns come, guns go... of all my expensive hobbies, guns retain their value better than anything, by a long shot, and I've gone from $20,000 worth of guns to no guns and back up several times in my life. It's taught me to buy only the "good stuff," so I know I'll get the most from it once the leafs of plenty begin to fall again.

I shouldn't say NO guns... I've given my sons rifles over the years, and will obviously not sell their stuff (everything they "own" is mine, but I'd never fap with their guns).. So it's not like there's ever a time when there's no firepower in this mofo.

Colt 1903 .32 ACP, Model M, Type I. Built in 1915. It was my mother's pistol, built in the year of her birth. Aside from that sentimental connection, it is the perfect size, the perfect balance, fits my hand perfectly, and points like I'm pointing my own finger. It fits in my pocket, but still has a 4" barrel and 8 rounds capacity. It's so comfortable to carry I almost forget it's there. And it just looks SO right.

colt32b.jpg
colt32a.jpg

There are family heirloom guns that won't leave the family's possession, ever.

I have an old Colt Government Model that I love, but even it could find itself on the "chopping block" if things were right, or wrong...

However, THAT gun is my Dan Wesson CBOB. I've carried it daily since trading for it in 2009. It's the one that feels best in the hand. It's the one that I shoot better than any other. (with the possible exception of Grandpa's Ruger .22) It's not as pretty as it used to be, because I never leave home without it.

wesson_zps438dbf68.jpg

Mines not one of the the priceless 1911s that some of you have that have a ton of history. Mine is a IMI Baby Desert Eagle 45. Super simple in functions, love that it's SA/DA, and surprising how freakin accurate this thing is even at 50-75 yards.

Mine is a IMI Baby Desert Eagle 45. Super simple in functions, love that it's SA/DA, and surprising how freakin accurate this thing is even at 50-75 yards.

A friend of mine has one of those. I believe it's THAT gun to him, too. Good choice.

Also, you know one of the reasons I love my 45. I've shot mine at slightly over 100 yards. Once you figger out the Kentucky windage you need, hits aren't just possible, they're probable.

A friend of mine has one of those. I believe it's THAT gun to him, too. Good choice.

Also, you know one of the reasons I love my 45. I've shot mine at slightly over 100 yards. Once you figger out the Kentucky windage you need, hits aren't just possible, they're probable.

Awe heck, here's a pic. Sorry about the crappy pic, all I had was my Ipod at the moment.

photo.jpg

I am honestly not sure I have one, atleast not yet. I suppose you could say, while its not a gun, it would be a bow that was hand carved by my great grand father who was a Tututni Indian. I am honestly worried about what will happen to it when I die. I swear if its sold on Ebay, i'm coming back to haunt the bubblegum out of whoever sold it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top