JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The wife and I are hosting Thanksgiving this year and I'm curious what forum members do with their turkey. Are you guys roasters, smokers, deep fryers? Any tricks for prep? I'm not trying to have the Griswold turkey.

F8A5E258-9404-4D04-AAE1-37BB7E6605C5.gif

I'm having thanksgiving dinner at my dad's care facility. He's allergic to turkey. And after seeing this I might be as well.

:D

The wife normally makes duck. Sometimes chicken. I don't know why; not very much up on holiday things. In fact, I find them, like many societal conventions, perplexing. The dancing turkey girl is not helping this situation. :p

I normally just wrap the bird in a brown paper bag and slow roast in the oven. I get up around 4am to start the process so the wife can use the oven around noon for the rest of the stuff.

1571686182720.png

Last two years we've smoked ours on a Traeger. People liked it so much I'll be going that route again this year.

I might have to try this. I've been a bit disappointed with my Traeger (no doubt my fault). It doesn't seem nearly as useful as a gas grill, and cost nearly as much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top