JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So as part of the annual Valentines Day obligations, I had flowers delivered to my wife today. I ordered these flowers from Westside Florists based on the picture. The other picture is what she actually received.

Am I out of line for thinking this is unacceptable?

The screenshot is 2 dozen roses. The picture you show is 12 roses, damn near bloomed out. I would say you got royally screwed.

I got my wife a card, two boxes of BiMart chocolate covered cherries, and she bought two lobster tails for our dinner. I am the luckiest guy alive.

Had these delivered from costco, sorry yours did not look like the pic.

Same as I got for my wife. I found out about the Costco Valentine's Roses deal, and have bought nothing else, ever since. Best flower deal going, in terms of quality and presentation, IMHO.

Guess I'm the dissenting opinion. I'm not an artist, nor am I an art critic.

I do know that when I order flowers from a photo, it's only an artists or photographers conception, and the final product will never be a perfect match, and sometimes not even close.

I see both of your photos as acceptable, both the concept and the finished product.

My wife, on the other hand, could be very critical of either the concept photo, or of the finished product, and living with someone with such a keen sense of art is difficult for me. If I received these flowers as a gift, I would just say thank you, and I would not question any part of it.

So, someone that truly could judge finished artwork so harshly should only buy the finished product after he's seen it in person.

WAYNO.

As a business man who buys and sells products on the internet, if I post a picture of a flower arrangement for sale on the internet, and that arrangement contains 24 red roses, then the finished shipped product should contain 24 RED ROSES, not 12. Now I know the name of the game in sales these days is to try and keep costs contained, but providing half the number of items is a material misrepresentation.

The customer has every right to feel jobbed and to be compensated for the items he did not receive. Screw too many people and today's virtual shopping experience will jab you in the arse real hard. Websites such as Yelp and TripAdvisor make their money posting customer reviews. I do not think this is the gift receiver feeling jobbed, the person paying for it feels short changed and rightly so.

Just an update. I wanted to let everyone know I received a call and email from Westside Florist today. They apologized for the arrangement, admitted that the flowers were missing and sub par. They offered me a full refund and even scheduled another arrangement for the date of my choosing for free.

I'm pleased that they owned it, and made it right. I feel that's a mark of a good business. I'm happy with their response and attention to the matter.

Kathy, the person who called was very apologetic and sympathetic to the situation and went out of her way to make the situation right.

;)

Just an update. I wanted to let everyone know I received a call and email from Westside Florist today. They apologized for the arrangement, admitted that the flowers were missing and sub par. They offered me a full refund and even scheduled another arrangement for the date of my choosing for free.

I'm pleased that they owned it, and made it right. I feel that's a mark of a good business. I'm happy with their response and attention to the matter.

Kathy, the person who called was very apologetic and sympathetic to the situation and went out of her way to make the situation right.

;)

Great news!

They did good. That is what you do to make sure your business rep stays good. About three to four times a year, USPS manages to completely destroy merchandise we ship to customers. We completely refund the purchase price in less than 12 hours of notification. Sometimes a customer changes their mind, with or without a good reason. We refund the price and pay for the return shipping.

No measurable impact to margins or bottom line. Huge upside for repeat business.

Scored these for the wife, she was happy with them:)

20150209_121937.jpg

I can't tell you what I got my wife for Valentines day. But I can tell you after she caught her breath she told me she loved me and the next morning made me pancakes and Bacon!

I'm building a 48 Willys jeep I don't got no money to waste on flowers I got her what she really wanted LOL

;)
As a customer, I don't get angry when a business that I patronize makes an honest mistake. I get angry when I politely inform them of that mistake and they refuse to acknowledge or fix it. I'm not perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be either.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top