JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So as part of the annual Valentines Day obligations, I had flowers delivered to my wife today. I ordered these flowers from Westside Florists based on the picture. The other picture is what she actually received.

Am I out of line for thinking this is unacceptable?

Screenshot_2015-02-14-15-38-22-1.png

20150214_153837.jpg

I gave my dear wife two reusable cold packs, to help her with night sweats. They were just as pictured on the web site and came free shipping! She was thrilled.

Interesting...

Maybe a polite email would do wonders...

Dude that sucks! Seriously. I wouldn't be too happy either.

I'm chuckling here Sig. Let me tell you why.

That's the exact same item I ordered online for my sweetheart through a different florist near Portland. She's received every other kind of vase over the years, so this one seemed unique.

Mid-day on VD (relax fellas, that's Valentine's Day), she sent me a text "They're beautiful!" with a picture of a couple orchids in a small clear cube. Pretty, but surely not what I ordered.

My response: "They delivered THAT???"

Then a picture of a bouquet of mixed flowers. Okay, but...

Then finally a pic of what I actually sent.

Turns out the tulips were from her staff, and the girls all got bouquets from the boss/company.

Mine was fully bloomed and nicely arranged. Meanwhile, my gal and her co-workers had a little laugh knowing she'd better come clean quick before I fired up the florist for hosing my order. Romance is grand when you really know your lover. So I'm told...

Last Edited:
Interesting...

Maybe a polite email would do wonders...

Dude that sucks! Seriously. I wouldn't be too happy either.

I totally agree. While I can see that some of those buds might bloom and look nicer over the next few days, what's in store for next year? Seeds?

As Dyjital suggests, constructive criticism to business owners can often alert them to thoughtless shortcuts their employees might be taking (on the busiest day of the year). The response you receive (or not) could be pivotal in your decision to give them another chance (or not).

Perhaps regard it as an opportunity to remind Mrs. Sig, "Because you deserve the best my dear!"

Last Edited:
Man Sig, I would be PISSED. This isn't like McDonald's were we know it's not going to look like the picture. The whole point of flowers is to look at them because they are pretty or whatever. I would be down there or at least on the phone having a chat. I think a refund is in order.

+1 on the refund. Or a free re-do on a date of your choosing.

Unlike McDonald's, some pissed off shift manager can't spit in your replacement burger.

Told my GF about this thread and she asked if I found it on Guns n' Roses.

So as part of the annual Valentines Day obligations, I had flowers delivered to my wife today. I ordered these flowers from Westside Florists based on the picture. The other picture is what she actually received.

Am I out of line for thinking this is unacceptable?

Yeah Sig, there is a significant difference there. My experience with florists is, nicely approached, they will make it right. Few business's are more dependent on their reputation! Good luck on that! SRG

Thanks for the input everyone, I was really wondering if I was overreacting. I sent the Owner an email with the pictures. Ill keep everyone posted on how it plays out. I think I was more embarrassed than anything else. My wife, ever the sweetheart, gushed about how pretty they were and how much she loved them, but I hadn't shown her the pictures. Later I did, and she agreed but said she still loved them. I'm not pleased though. She deserved better.

Any way, thanks for the sounding board guys, I didn't want to over react.

As a personal note:

I quit buying flowers. See my wife's bday is Feb 14t, I throw jewelry and chocolate. It appeases her for a few days.

As a personal note:

I quit buying flowers. See my wife's bday is Feb 14t, I throw jewelry and chocolate. It appeases her for a few days.

Check this out, Christmas December 25, Wife's B day Jan 15th, Valentines day Feb 14th. I call these three months of the year "Murder Row". :confused:

I do hope they make it right by you. While the bouquet may not look exactly like the photo, which is somewhat to be expected, what they sent you could hardly be considered close to the advertisement. I would definitely contact them myself, so I'd say you're doing the right thing.

My first wife, got a bouquet sent by me to her, which I had specified to be delivered in the afternoon. They were delivered at 8pm. The last I saw of those was as the bouquet int he vase went by my head and out the door.

My current wife got Chocolate and Steak.

Even if she was mad, they wouldn't go out the door!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top