JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The folks on this board seem to be closely knit, which seems to up the ante as far as accuracy and accountability are concerned. I don't mind the outliers as often I'm one of them, I really like Sccy for example, (sorry John, Bill, Horace, Dan, Samuel, and many others. I know I'll prolly roast for that) but at the base of it all, a lot of really good mind expanding info is available here.

Greetings program!

A94784E6-628A-4C36-8641-09BC11418985.jpeg

I'm one of them, I really like Sccy for example, (sorry John, Bill, Horace, Dan, Samuel, and many others. I know I'll prolly roast for that) but at the base of it all, a lot of really good mind expanding info is available here.

I finally got to shoot one a few weeks back. New shooter had one and needed help. For the price I was quite impressed. There are of course going to be a lot of "hate" aimed at them. Not everyone has twice what they cost to lay down on a gun. For the price I kept hearing great things and have to agree. Very nice for what you pay.

Welcome to NWFA. Glad you found the forum.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I don't like paying full price, so I always shop sales, regardless of what it is I'm looking to buy.

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I have some firearms experience but it was from the 80's, mainly mil surp. The first pistol I fired was a Beretta 92 at an indoor range (without any instruction) and stunk. I was laughed at and handed a revolver. I wound up with a GP100 as my first purchase. Other than that it was opening tinned cans of ammo, or delinking machine gun ammo for the cheap rifles we bought at "Old Sacramento Armory". $29.00 for a Nagant. They had a pile of old 1911's for $198. I "knew" way too much and thought the slides were too sloppy for the money. Please don't rub salt in that wound.

The folks on this board seem to be closely knit, which seems to up the ante as far as accuracy and accountability are concerned. I don't mind the outliers as often I'm one of them, I really like Sccy for example, (sorry John, Bill, Horace, Dan, Samuel, and many others. I know I'll prolly roast for that) but at the base of it all, a lot of really good mind expanding info is available here.

No worries on that SCCY. I don't think you'll get any funny looks from THIS membership. Being relatively new to firearms, compared to MANY of the members here, I've found that my taste in what I want in the safe changes every couple of years. Currently I'm into old milsurp. So welcome. The more the merrier!

I finally got to shoot one a few weeks back. New shooter had one and needed help. For the price I was quite impressed. There are of course going to be a lot of "hate" aimed at them. Not everyone has twice what they cost to lay down on a gun. For the price I kept hearing great things and have to agree. Very nice for what you pay.

I look at it this way....It's a good looking gun. Now, a high Point? Hmmm. Unless it has the "Dolla' Bill" paint job. Right @Joe Link ?

No worries on that SCCY. I don't think you'll get any funny looks from THIS membership. Being relatively new to firearms, compared to MANY of the members here, I've found that my taste in what I want in the safe changes every couple of years. Currently I'm into old milsurp. So welcome. The more the merrier!

I look at it this way....It's a good looking gun. Now, a high Point? Hmmm. Unless it has the "Dolla' Bill" paint job. Right @Joe Link ?
LOL, yes it has that going for it, SCCY to me is not a bad looking pistol at all. Those High Point are hard to get over ugly. :)
When they first hit with that carbine it was almost that bad. first time I saw one I thought "man is that thing ugly, and for $150 it must be something that will fall apart after a box of ammo is run through it. As time went on almost bought one (carbine) a few times as I have always loved PCC's. They were just so damn cheap it was hard not to buy one. If it was not for the damn mags I know I would have ended up with at least one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top