JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to 'publicly' thank Steve (wee-cha-ka) for fixing my Colt 1911 Defender problem.

He identified the problem immediately, and then used his expertise & knowledge to correct the issue, while we waited. Further, he explained the 'what & why' as he worked, which for my friend & I, was very educational and further appreciated.

The end result is a gun that 'stove piped' on every round to one that 'runs' flawlessly.

Thanks wichaka !

Frog.

Glad to have you over Frog!

The extractor had no tension, and no way to adjust it. I had to take some material off the pad adjacent to the hook, to get the hook to move inboard toward the breech face.

Steve worked on my then new Springfield Loaded lightweight about a year and a half ago. He preformed a very nice trigger job on it and it has now settled in at 4.3lbs on my scale. He installed a 25lb mainspring, as it mated well with the hammer hook job he did and a Colt Sear and Sear spring were also installed. Trigger set then was 4.5 pounds and it has been running like a Swiss watch ever since.

I also had him work on a SA .45 V10 Ultra Compact that had a clocking extractor and a few other problems and he got it running again. He also installed a EGW stainless steel oversized fireing pin stop with the slight bevel. Between the two pistols and looking over his shoulder I picked up some knowledge that I am now confident doing myself. The Loaded is on the underside of 4000 rds so it is almost time for another recoil spring... "And I can do that"

mjd

Frog will be down in a couple weeks, and will pick it up then.

EMP9596, glad to hear all are still running well...I really had my doubts on that V10, those can be oh so persnickety!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top