Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Thank you wichaka !

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Frog, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

Just wanted to 'publicly' thank Steve (wee-cha-ka) for fixing my Colt 1911 Defender problem.

He identified the problem immediately, and then used his expertise & knowledge to correct the issue, while we waited. Further, he explained the 'what & why' as he worked, which for my friend & I, was very educational and further appreciated.

The end result is a gun that 'stove piped' on every round to one that 'runs' flawlessly.

Thanks wichaka !

Frog.

EMP9596 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

What was the problem. I have a 9mm Defender as well but as yet have no problems. Inquiring minds want to know...

3. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Glad to have you over Frog!

The extractor had no tension, and no way to adjust it. I had to take some material off the pad adjacent to the hook, to get the hook to move inboard toward the breech face.

4. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

Ya, what he said!

Thanks again, wichaka. Looking forward to you picking up my PPK and giving it a work over.

5. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Steve worked on my then new Springfield Loaded lightweight about a year and a half ago. He preformed a very nice trigger job on it and it has now settled in at 4.3lbs on my scale. He installed a 25lb mainspring, as it mated well with the hammer hook job he did and a Colt Sear and Sear spring were also installed. Trigger set then was 4.5 pounds and it has been running like a Swiss watch ever since.

I also had him work on a SA .45 V10 Ultra Compact that had a clocking extractor and a few other problems and he got it running again. He also installed a EGW stainless steel oversized fireing pin stop with the slight bevel. Between the two pistols and looking over his shoulder I picked up some knowledge that I am now confident doing myself. The Loaded is on the underside of 4000 rds so it is almost time for another recoil spring... "And I can do that"

mjd

6. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Frog will be down in a couple weeks, and will pick it up then.

EMP9596, glad to hear all are still running well...I really had my doubts on that V10, those can be oh so persnickety!

7. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Always nice to hear good things. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Mike