JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got home from the "Wichaka training event" and it was a good time with really good training. It was also very nice to meet all of you forum folks who were there! :)

Wichaka was both professional and personable which made learning from him a very comfortable experience. I particularly liked his focus on having the right mindset and on using every opportunity to practice doing things the right/practical way. I look forward to training with him again and would readily recommend him to people interested in defensive firearms training.

I also very much appreciate that Wichaka recognizes the importance of making quality defensive firearms training more accessible to your average person. The cash it takes to go to the big name firearms schools is most likely money well spent but it's also just not always a realistic option for many of us. It's really great to have an instructor who realizes that and cares enough to share his knowledge with us.

Much thanks to Wichaka and to everyone who helped make this training happen or just showed up to take part! :s0155:

A huge thanks from Jenny and I, Steve. We were unsure as to what it would be like, but our expectations were exceeded tenfold! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, I can't wait until next time.

Pics here -> <broken link removed>

This training was was the most fun I have had in years.. Informative for sure..

I am somewhat familiar with a few years of military training but learned things today I can use for a life time..

Thank you Wichaka Sorry I blew your stuff up

:s0114:

Agreed with all. Thank you very much sir! Was a pleasure and look forward to the next session. I'm still thrilled at how much my shooting/handling was able to improve with your training.

Thanks all for the compliments.

I enjoyed the time...........any time a good group like this can get together and have fun from start to finish..........it doesn't get any better than that!

We worked mostly on manipulation skills this go-round, so next time we'll put more emphasis on shooting skills.

So start stocking up on ammo, as we'll be sure to go thru 300+ rounds next time.

Just about everything we went over yesterday can be done most anywhere, I wanted to get a good foundation for everyone, but there's still no substitution for quality trigger time..........and we'll be getting that next.

Very glad to hear that we'll be working on shooting next time! These basics were crucial to get down, but they aren't worth a whole lot if you can't hit what you're shooting at. I'm already planning my next walmart trip to start stocking up on ammo. :)

Thanks again Steve. Also, I may e-mail or pm you about the extractor. I'm going to do some research on that later on today. Planning on just upgrading it so the problem doesn't come back up.

I use one of three extractors; Wilsons Bulletproof, Brown's Hardcore, or Nowlins Tuff-Stuff.

Getting a new extractor is only part of the process, the hook needs to prepped, and the tension needs to be around 26 oz.

As for shooting, yes.....one needs to get down the basic combat handling skills, then move onto shooting. What I gave is part of a 2-3 pistol class I regularly teach.

So next meet.......let's put some rounds down range!

Excellent! Looking forward to that. I plan on getting as many down range between now and the next class as I can. I was intrigued with pistols before, but now I'm hooked on them.

I'll let you know how the Basic Pistol class compares after I take it. I'm not expecting near as much good info. Not expecting it to be bad either.

Also, I will be doing my best to have an AR built by spring. Yes, I will be buying a good lower. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top