Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Thank you to everyone at DRRC at the Service Rifle Match on Sat. Dec. 8th

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by kibs45, Dec 9, 2012.

1. kibs45

kibs45 Portland Active Member

As someone who is relatively new to shooting, particularly competitive shooting, I had a great time. I will definitely be back. I need to squirrel away for my own Garand. Thanks again to everyone who was involved, it was a great experience!

2. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I would have loved to come out and watch this match but alas, I had to work both days. I'm taking the days off next time there's a match there.

3. joe k

joe k SE Portland Member

Next DRRC Service Rifle Match is Saturday March 2nd, with the class on March 1st.

4. kibs45

I look forward to it. I hope also to participate in a cross match sometime soon!

5. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I just registered for the match on March 1st & 2nd! This will be my first match, and I'm not going to miss out again!

6. kibs45

The guys (and couple gals) at the shoot last weekend were very nice, and very approachable. The volunteers and other shooters helped spot my shots for me. Just a very laid back, and fun atmosphere. I feel like my skills greatly improved. You have the advantage of owning a garand. Make sure you get it out and on paper before you go. You only get two sighters, and they are on the clock. Between my experience level and the rifle, I had major frustrations getting it correctly sighted. You will have a blast, and I might see you there!

7. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I had a great time too. The folks at Douglas Ridge were very welcoming, and I appreciate the people who volunteered to make it a great event. I definitely plan to attend again!