JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1579272321368.png

Truth is? I was just another piece of white trash looking for some money, and something to do.

Elvis Costello wrote about guys like me in one of his songs.

''All it takes one itchy trigger. One more widow, one less white n***er.''

Last Edited:
Scan_20200117 (2).png

One of the things that coulda got me into Leavenworth:

Shootin' supper. (That's a cottontail bleeding out on the post.)

Beat the helloutta frozen foil pack dinners.

Give a 19 year-old kid a 4WD 3/4 ton Dodge 6-pac with a camper on it, a fully-automatic varmint rifle and tell him he has to cruise the roads of rural South Dakota no faster than 50 on the pavement, 25 on the gravel, and whattaya expect?

Thanks for the Good Thoughts and right back at you!!! Somebody had to stay home and pay my salary - $333.33 as E-5 in 1971 - not much by Today's Standards but I was able to save my Bucks and buy a '71 Plymouth Duster, when I came home.

I spent six years on active duty in the Army, and in return earned a Bachelors and a Master's degree in Business with the money I saved through the VEAP after I got out. The Army gave me direction, focus, discipline, an appreciation for how food is NOT supposed to be cooked, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't reflect back on that time. Thank you for allowing me to serve.

Thanks for the Good Thoughts and right back at you!!! Somebody had to stay home and pay my salary - $333.33 as E-5 in 1971 - not much by Today's Standards but I was able to save my Bucks and buy a '71 Plymouth Duster, when I came home.

Your idea, so you start the thread: "What car did you own or buy right after you got outta da war?"
I don't wanna hijack this one.

The Army gave me direction, focus, discipline, an appreciation for how food is NOT supposed to be cooked, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't reflect back on that time. Thank you for allowing me to serve.

We had GREAT food at the USCG Air Stations. Except for that one time that I got a stomach virus. Not sure what those slimy black shoes were eating aboard ship, but we had guys that didn't like lobster tails bringing their plates back to the galley untouched!! :eek: They wouldn't let us bring the unused food home either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top