JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So I picked up an SR9, after owning a P89 for years. The striker fire takes some getting used to. I took it to my dad's to show him my new toy. He asks to see the slide lock and safety features so I promptly rack the slide back and release it. MY P89 would now have a cocked hammer and an option to decock it easily. But no such luck with a striker fire. At this point, I somehow blank that I had a live mag in and I start to squeeze the trigger to drop the striker. At the very last second I see the orange ramp and release my finger.

It was a rush for sure. I've never had an AD and this was the closest and only time I have come to one.

Thank you Ruger!! I'm am by no means new to firearms or a "kid" but this one was close!

Uhhhhhhh....... Someone didnt teach you to handle firearms right. Mag DROP, slide lock, whats so hard about that? Its the same for ALL autos. I dont want to get into the conversation of NEGLIGENT discharges but........ Whats an AD.?. OH, I see. That would have been an ACCIDENT. So you would have ACCIDENTLY, NEGLIGENTLY shot your gun in your dads place? Awesome....

Uhhhhhhh....... Someone didnt teach you to handle firearms right. Mag DROP, slide lock, whats so hard about that? Its the same for ALL autos. I dont want to get into the conversation of NEGLIGENT discharges but........ Whats an AD.?. OH, I see. That would have been an ACCIDENT. So you would have ACCIDENTLY, NEGLIGENTLY shot your gun in your dads place? Awesome....

Safety features are there for that exact reason. Try not to sprain your ankle stepping on your soap box, while dismounting from your high horse....nice catch Kruejl.

Your an idiot.... A simple, basic firearms check would have solved that. How much more basic do guns have to be? How much more STUPID do we have to make it for the STUPID people???

Your probably another one who posted a similar ACCIDENTAL (NEGLIGENT) or almost discharge due to firearm NEGLIGENCE!!! NEGLIGENCE!!! Oh, sorry... I already said NEGLIGENCE!

I take my girlfriend shooting and I like having that indicator, especially when you are teaching someone to shoot, and the gun is in there hands. Be more careful next time, glad things didnt go south on you

Your an idiot.... A simple, basic firearms check would have solved that. How much more basic do guns have to be? How much more STUPID do we have to make it for the STUPID people???

Okay, I am an idiot. And in your mind your insulting adolescent remarks are justified by your superior knowledge. And just to keep on your level I will respond in a way you will understand, I know you are, but what am I?

Get over yourself dude.....

Your probably another one who posted a similar ACCIDENTAL (NEGLIGENT) or almost discharge due to firearm NEGLIGENCE!!! NEGLIGENCE!!! Oh, sorry... I already said NEGLIGENCE!

So, just so I am clear. The word, on your word of the day calender is negligence. Got it!

And no, any time my firearm is discharged it is intentional.

Im sick of people not using proper firearm knowledge and blaming the gun. A dude I work with blew his arm off. He has no one else to blame but himself. But..... The shotgun accidentally discharged....

To me, correct me if Im wrong, an accidental discharge is due to weapon/ammo malfunction, negligent discharge can pretty much be chalked up to every thing else. "I gave my dad a loaded gun, that I didnt pull the mag out of, that I racked the slide of, and chambered a round...." NEGLIGENCE!!!!!! Its as simple as that!!!!

Get over my self??? I hope I never get around you with a gun, youll probably shoot yourself. Sorry, the gun shot you....

bubblegum-just-goat-serious.jpg

bubblegum-just-goat-serious.jpg

Get over my self??? I hope I never get around you with a gun, youll probably shoot yourself. Sorry, the gun shot you....

Again I get it, you're funny cause I am dumb.

So, once again just to clarify. Your opinion on vernacular semantics is justified due to your vast knowledge of firearm safety. And being insulting to a fellow forum member regarding a safety feature that actually worked for him is justified. On top of which, anyone who brings to light your way of communicating your opinion is somewhat crass and less than helpful.......just kidding, you're being a d-bag.

BDA.45, if you handle guns long enough you will make a mistake. There's no getting around that. That's why we always have several simultaneous safety measures/procedures we follow. It's people who think they are perfect that disturb me. They tend to take shortcuts because they KNOW it's not loaded. Take the good advice and get over yourself. I appreciate someone's willingness to come forward with a warning and a recommendation for all of us. Your behavior is guaranteed to stop people from doing that. It's counter-productive.

you may not be new to firearms.but you for sure need more training.Depending on indicators to know if a gun is safe,loaded,unloaded,whatever is ASKING for negligent discharge. Drop the mag,lock slide back,and VISUALLY verify emptY EVERY TIME,even if someone u trust say's 'don't worry it's not loaded.'
Glad no one was shot,but this was WAY too close for comfort,and very easily avoided by proper gun handling.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads