JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like feebay has removed almost all reloading brass off their site. I was getting a few good deals for hard to find rifle brass. What would we do without their diligent safety concerns
for all of us. :mad:

Looks like it. Remaining brass on there is really sparse. There were tons of brass at the beginning of the week. I won some 7.62x54r brass on 4/20 and two days later the auction was removed. Luckily I received the brass a couple of days ago. My searches for common brass are showing nothing now. It cannot be that no one is putting up brass for auction. Very sad.
Edit: there's two 9mm auctions.

Yeah because all the social miscreants that shoot up places are all about working up reloads... What a bunch of idiots we (the general public..or pubic...your choice) have become

Selling brass has been prohibited on eBay for years now. Whatever has been listed in recent years has just been missed, and they routinely go through and purge it whenever they see it.

Don't joke, I was walking into my house today and a gang of 45-70 brass jumped me from behind the bushes. If only eBay had not enabled these misfits to be brought into my town and turned loose.

Selling brass has been prohibited on eBay for years now. Whatever has been listed in recent years has just been missed, and they routinely go through and purge it whenever they see it.
I didn't know that as I hadn't even looked on eBay for it there in the past. Only looked as I've been selling some of my Alice Cooper collectibles and a few reloading dies I don't use lately. Glad I got a couple 100 of the 7.62x54r then. That brass sure is dangerous.

It seems absolutely ridiculous, since empty brass is legal everywhere. eBay is very PC and as I recall it was a knee-jerk reaction to the Virginia Tech shooting over a decade ago. Glad you got your brass. If they catch it before it ships I think you're out of luck.

I think prohibited items slip through the cracks on eBay all the time. I remember seeing a Mauser receiver listed a while back, complete with bolt. As I recall it was listed as a "gun part", and shipping was priority mail, and it went for as much as the whole rifle would have been worth. I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole; it wasn't just ebay policy concerned on that one, but several federal laws.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't allowed either, but Ebay doesnt always catch it. I think they rely on people reporting it honestly, its interesting what you can find on there. I bought a couple of trapdoor Springfield receivers a while back. The guy used a creative name for them that I can't recall.

I didn't think it was ever allowed.

Brass and bullets were allowed before about 2007. I sold on ebay back then, and they had categories for it and everything. They banned a lot of gun parts at that time too, like barrels and triggers. Some time later they walked it back a little on some things.

Gunbroker has everything, but the reality is that ebay is the big dog. For selling and buying ebay reaches far, far more people.

You guys should stay away from firearm brass, that stuff's dangerous! :s0002:

Myself, I've switched hobbies over to collecting decorative art and such. I have these miniature brass vases that are just the cutest thing, and then I have these other longer pieces I plan to use for a brass wind chime kit. I also have some cylindrical brass beads I can string together for a necklace, which will be super lightweight because they are completely hollow on one end! You can even get a really big bag of them for a DIY brass beaded curtain kit.

The possibilities are endless! ;)

They pulled my bayonet & AR BCG auctions and threatened to ban me if I listed anymore gun related items. There's 100's of bayonet & always a few BCG's for sale on their site. F'ed up site indeed.

I used to buy a lot of brass on them long back. The big problems started when that kook shot up that Jr. College. He used mags for the pistol he bought from Ebay. So of course here came the bottom feeders wanting money from Ebay. So they banned a LOT of stuff for a while. Then they slowly started allowing it again. It's a constant battle of trying to keep the bottom feeders at arms length. while the people who run Ebay probably are not pro gun they are pro making money. They want to allow anything to be sold that makes them money. If their lawyers start telling them something is more risk than it's worth they drop it.
I was glad they went back to mags. They have always been the place to buy mags for my Ruger MK's. One thing Ruger does that frosts me is every new model they change the damn mags and factory never has any for years after they hit. When I got my MKIII and then my MKIV, and then the Wife's SR, Ebay was the only place I could find more mags unless I wanted to pay scalper price.

You guys really should get into the art scene, especially using recycled materials. Now you can do your part to help save the environment!
:s0155:

Another good idea is repurposing brass for other uses. Perhaps sandbags filled with recycled brass, so they are lighter weight and easier to handle. Maybe a heavyweight bean bag chair, which is also environmentally friendly because it doesn't use styrofoam pellets. Decorative throw pillows that double as maracas? A bucket of coarse glitter for small ponds and decorative water features? Recycled brass for smelting?

How can they argue with smelting? They should be happy you are planning to melt down those evil brass byproducts of death and destruction!

It's all about the sales pitch, boys! :p

My daughter is on Etsy (girl/craft type of eBay) all the time and scores me some killer deals on these "art" pieces, LOL

When the great mag ban was getting ready to sunset I took a gamble and sold off a LOT of full cap mags on Ebay. Would show a pic of the mag, details said normal mag, 10 round per rules kind of thing. About one in 4 would get kicked but I kept putting them back up. Also put in ad no sales to CA. All sold at some VERY high profit. Of course if the ban had been put back in I would have been mad but gamble paid off. Sold an Asp that a co worker sold me that I did not want. It was the 31" model and I never liked the balance. Put it up and in a day they pulled it. Said no weapons or some such tripe. They sold Saps and Sap gloves??? Anyway I figured no big deal. Then some user e-mailed me and asked about it. Asked me to put if back up as a Buy it now, with some lame description and let him know when it was there, he wanted it. So I did, he bought it, all were happy. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top