JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While I dislike the street pirateness of current law enforcement I think this is a terrible, unjust, uncalled for idea.

Cops have rights as well, I certainly dont want my information like that made public and I dont want theirs made public either. There is NO need for it. If you have a problem with an officer: a badge number, vehicle number and his superior contact info is available for report. This is a terrible idea.. These news outlets need to be charged with wreckless endangerment should they publish this info.

Sure you "could" look it up without thier help.. but young idiots out for revenge on leos arent that dedicated, they're lazy. Should a news paper publish one with all the names and addresses it becomes one giant, organized hit list.

I would LOVE if we did the same for reporters, especially ones that sway sheeple public opinion and ruin small businesses, like the ones who ruined that bakery, or nearly ruined the pizza place. Id LOVE to visit their place of residence and give them a piece of my fist.. I mean, mind.

Hating cops is one thing. We all dislike someone. 95% of cops are good people no different than you or me. They don't make the laws. Anyone who hates them should walk a mile in their shoes. See if they would react differently. And with these street thugs and mental cases that want to assassinate cops just for wearing a badge, do they expect cops to back off or not want to shoot first?
He who shoots last usually doesn't make it.

But putting people's families at risk crosses so far past the line.

I think the LEOs should publish every person who works at the newspapers addresses and then make a pledge they will not answer 911 calls to those houses or to the newpaper itself.

Of course that would be against the law, and those officers even if put at risk by some jackwagon at the newspaper they would still lay their lives on the line to protects them and their families.

Being a cop is becoming just as ridiculous as our soldiers in the sandbox having to abide by ROE that bad guys use against them.

This always backfires and the reporters home addresses get published and then they whine about it like a great injustice.
Yes, with photos of them coming and going and pics of their wives and kids at the grocery store...or wherever. Not that I condone that as a first strike, but I just might do it if some reported put my CHL info out there.

Yes, with photos of them coming and going and pics of their wives and kids at the grocery store...or wherever. Not that I condone that as a first strike, but I just might do it if some reported put my CHL info out there.

Awhile back some reporter published the names and address of CHL holders. I think it might have been in Pennsylvania. Anyway somebody published her name address, should have heard her scream about it.

The LEO's I know have the police office as their registered address with the state. They even get their mail there and voters pamphlets.

I like the idea of publishing cops names and addresses, except I would extend that to every government employee. Tyranny thrives on secrecy for the rulers and their minions, and on lack of privacy for the peons.

If cops don't like working in the light of day, they can always quit.

I like the idea of publishing cops names and addresses, except I would extend that to every government employee. Tyranny thrives on secrecy for the rulers and their minions, and on lack of privacy for the peons.

Sure, that way anyone who hates cops can also target their family members as well. :s0123:

Some things sound better on paper than they are in practice.

I like the idea of publishing your name and address.

I'll go out on a limb and assume you work for a living, and provide some sort of service, or product. Why should the public not know who it was/is responsible for providing that service or product...what if they are displeased because they are upset with the quality of that service or product. They should be able to know where you live, and have the ability to encroach on your privacy...maybe take photos of your kids or stalk your wife as a means of punishing you.

If you don't like working in the light of day, you can always quit.

What a load of crap. The public is entitled to know the name of their public employees, and their salary. Beyond that, their home address is legitimately personal information.

Anyone who thinks they should have more information than name and salary, post your name and home address, with telephone number, right here on the internet for the world to discover and perhaps act upon. Let's see how you like it in about six months.

Hmmmm I think the best is to post the name, home address and phone number of every politician in the USA so people can more easily protest. Prozasnki sits in a great place to protest but most have no idea where his lives, its so close to town there yet no protest people most people have no idea where he is. ( most :rolleyes: )

Hmmmm I think the best is to post the name, home address and phone number of every politician in the USA so people can more easily protest. Prozasnki sits in a great place to protest but most have no idea where his lives, its so close to town there yet no protest people most people have no idea where he is. ( most :rolleyes: )
I worked with a guy who was a rabid union supporter. When we went on strike he was one of the main instigators related to, let's say nefarious actions against anyone who crossed the picket line.

Fast forward 10+ years he advanced in the company where he was in the position to break the union. He pressed the issue hard. The union guys protested in front of his home. After a few weeks he was literally crying in the CEO's office asking him to make it all stop.

I will add, just to be fair...after many years he has proven to be a truly decent guy. It was just a phase of poor choices and he paid the price for it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top