JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fear of an inanimate object... like those who cower in victimhood before this flag I proudly fly.

I can read lips well and I often read the conversations of those behind me at stoplights. "What he has an American flag AND a Coexist sticker?"

And it's #America not #Merica but I won't judge the original spotter/poster of this.
F3E59F0D-1900-4EAC-B739-45E19B5666DD.jpeg

"What he has an American flag AND a Coexist sticker?"
Too funny.

Once a long while ago...I owned Ford F250 it was in great shape , but with being a big truck , with a Ranger Tab sticker and a CIB sticker...it kinda had a certain stereotypical look / vibe...
So there I was ....
Rolling on into a local gushow...as I pulled to a parking spot...I got a few nods and a wave here and there...
Then as I shut off the engine ...my cd continued to play...
Bob Marley and "Buffalo Soldiers"....loudly ...'cause ya know...I'm a guy with bad ears and loud truck...LOL
The looks I got then , were pretty funny...

Always nice to break someones stereotype...:D
Andy

Would they also get their tax dollars used to pay for police services refunded?

Like it or not, when not present in an official capacity anyone is free to discriminate against police officers, as they are free to discriminate on any basis that isn't one of the federal protected categories (age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability). It's actually a free speech thing. If the police were to then retaliate while acting in their official capacity, they would then open themselves and their employer up to civil liability.

The "you hate cops until you need them" argument holds little water with me: the odds are slim to none that they will be there to protect you in a life threatening situation, and if they are, they are not obliged to do so. They are also often as much a threat to the victim as the aggressor, particularly if armed self defense is involved.

I have personally seen them devote about zero effort to the investigation of property crime and identity theft, which you are far more likely to need them for than violent crime. This includes refusing to do anything when a coworker had the name, address, phone number, and bank surveillance camera footage of someone opening accounts in their name.

I do see them vigorously enforcing traffic laws, which, not coincidentally, about 50% of the money collected goes straight to their agency budget in WA.

While I do see a societal benefit to the belief that the government will catch you and punish you if you break the law, and that police are a big part of that perception, if there were a way to opt out of any involvement with them personally, I would do so, as I believe many others would, because I see very few potential benefits and many potential negatives to interacting with police.

So, just under a million comissioned officers nationwide working an estimated 2.1 billion hours per year, cause roughly 1000 deaths nationwide per year. Thats easy math, 1 death per 2.1 million hours of policing. 74% of people shot by police have a gun. Many of which get a round off during the fight. Say 10% have any other weapon (its more than that, trust me).

I'll concede the ridiculous number of 16% being TOTALLY INNOCENT BYSTANDERS! Its really nowhere near that high, but I'll guve to to you. Thats 160 wrongful deaths in a noir world where cops kill 160 people every year! Again, I'm just giving you those numbers, hyperinflated as they may be, to you for free.

Thats about 1/4 the number of people that die of medical malpractice....per day.

Thats just over the average of 128 children killed in school bus accidents per year. But thats a real number thats probably triple the actual number of accidental deaths by cop.

So, you don't think that something productive isn't being done? You can't count the crimes that were prevented. There is no number of the various motorists being assisted or any number of different things LEOs do on a daily basis because there is no way to capture it.

You don't think LEOs aren't frustrated when the PA wont charge on property crimes unless its a felony? You think we are happy when some dumb legislator sponsors some bill to divert career criminals from jail, over and over?

We don't make policy, we are the instruments of that policy. Vote for executives who will hire proactive chiefs. Vote for proactive Sheriffs. In my 14 years in LE, I've outlasted lots administrators, legislators, governors, etc. If I worked for them in any way besides on paper, I'd have followed them when they quit, but I didn't. I work despite them, not for them.

That's why I said create legislation. You know, to make it legal.

You can't. Legislation that allows a government body to deny services based on protected speech (a private entity refusing service to government employees is considered protected speech) would be unconstitutional on its face. It would immediately be struck down upon legal challenge, and enforcement in the interim would cost the municipality dearly in a civil suit.

You can't. Legislation that allows a government body to deny services based on protected speech (a private entity refusing service to government employees is considered protected speech) would be unconstitutional on its face. It would immediately be struck down upon legal challenge, and enforcement in the interim would cost the municipality dearly in a civil suit.

How many toothpicks in the box?

I don't understand how this is that different from discriminating against anyone else exercising their rights. I mean, they can't have a gay free or muslim free zone policy. I like Oregon's concept about if you're allowed to carry, that means anywhere unless otherwise limited by law. Of course, I don't live in Oregon and that is based on what I have seen on this forum.
Even at my work, when we had "active shooter" training presented by WSP, one of the 1st things mentioned was that WA is an open carry state and someone just having a visible firearm on their person is not a reason to panic.

Or get shot by police.

I am not anti-LEO, I just think that LEOs should not have any special privileges.

As for Fogo De Chao, we have to realize that it was that one manager, not the chain that asked the LEO to leave.

Big Texas cities are inundated with loony "opposite of right" politics.

Once out of big city limits normality returns...

But this is how Red states get turned Purple AND then BLUE.
The rural outskirts of Texas (just like Washington) just want to be left alone to enjoy their freedom... Untill that freedom is taken away is when they realize it's too late.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top