JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anti gunners say we live in fear which is why we have to own guns, yet look at who fears inanimate things...

I see this a couple ways, being LE and also working at a bar.

One, I don't think anyone should be able to declare a place of public use, a gun free zone. Yeah, you get to determine what happens on your private property, but businesses open themselves to the public and I think they should be treated as such. I might agree that restricting the carry of a gun while intoxicated from a mood or mind altering substance is a no-go, much like driving drunk or high is a crime.

Two, I also believe my job is not my identity. Its not a third nipple or sixth finger. I can check it at the door when I leave work. When I'm off duty, I'm a regular guy and I conceal my gun. If I'm not on duty conducting official business, I'm no different than anyone else.

Several businesses have asked us to leave when grabbing lunch. I stopped at a Costco in Olympia for a hotdog and drink from the food court and was asked to leave. So, I left. So did several other people who were unhappy with what they saw. I have since cancelled my membership and go on about life not buying a metric ton of crap. If they are willing to lose money, more power to them.

Several businesses have asked us to leave when grabbing lunch. I stopped at a Costco in Olympia for a hotdog and drink from the food court and was asked to leave.
Yet you guys are the first ones they'll demand are on site if SHTF. This type of shortsightedness is dumbassery at it's finest...Rant over.

If they are willing to lose money, more power to them.

No... that sch!t needs to stop. Anti-gun and anti-police bias is becoming more rampant. We need to fight this crap. Not saying one should refuse to leave a private establishment, but we can fight this bias in other ways.

BTW, cop shoots homeless lady while engaging her attacking dog... the comments under the story are generally ignorant, unintelligent, hate-filled, and disgusting. I did the best I could but was overwhelmed (not excusing errant gunfire tho) ... and that was on FoxNews.com. Imagine what was written elsewhere!!!

Big Texas cities are inundated with loony "opposite of right" politics.

Once out of big city limits normality returns...
That's certainly true of most States. Even in Washington you'll find large enclaves of Liberty loving soles...sadly in the minority however.

We should create legislation that states if a business kicks out LE it gives up the right to request LE services.

If they're not welcome they don't respond. Simple. And they're required to post signage to that effect.

NOTICE: IN EVENT OF EMERGENCY, LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS ESTABLISHMENT

Then we'll see who patronizes the business. You can't have it both ways.

P

Just can't fix stupid...

As for the movement against police y'all have BHO to thank for making that go mainstream... He promised to fundamentally change (destroy) America and we're stuck with that portion of the dumbazzes legacy...

It sure would give the bad guys a place to go. And the businesses would know it.

I'm not talking about fire departments or emergency medical, just our boys in blue.

True story, I took my son to the fair when he was little. I saw a cop and we walked up to him.

See this man? I asked. If you ever need help, find a man who looks like this. He will help you. It's his job to keep us safe.

P

I see this a couple ways, being LE and also working at a bar.

One, I don't think anyone should be able to declare a place of public use, a gun free zone. Yeah, you get to determine what happens on your private property, but businesses open themselves to the public and I think they should be treated as such. I might agree that restricting the carry of a gun while intoxicated from a mood or mind altering substance is a no-go, much like driving drunk or high is a crime.

Two, I also believe my job is not my identity. Its not a third nipple or sixth finger. I can check it at the door when I leave work. When I'm off duty, I'm a regular guy and I conceal my gun. If I'm not on duty conducting official business, I'm no different than anyone else.

Several businesses have asked us to leave when grabbing lunch. I stopped at a Costco in Olympia for a hotdog and drink from the food court and was asked to leave. So, I left. So did several other people who were unhappy with what they saw. I have since cancelled my membership and go on about life not buying a metric ton of crap. If they are willing to lose money, more power to them.

I don't understand how this is that different from discriminating against anyone else exercising their rights. I mean, they can't have a gay free or muslim free zone policy. I like Oregon's concept about if you're allowed to carry, that means anywhere unless otherwise limited by law. Of course, I don't live in Oregon and that is based on what I have seen on this forum.
Even at my work, when we had "active shooter" training presented by WSP, one of the 1st things mentioned was that WA is an open carry state and someone just having a visible firearm on their person is not a reason to panic.

We should create legislation that states if a business kicks out LE it gives up the right to request LE services.

If they're not welcome they don't respond. Simple. And they're required to post signage to that effect.

NOTICE: IN EVENT OF EMERGENCY, LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS ESTABLISHMENT

Then we'll see who patronizes the business. You can't have it both ways.

P
Would they also get their tax dollars used to pay for police services refunded?

Like it or not, when not present in an official capacity anyone is free to discriminate against police officers, as they are free to discriminate on any basis that isn't one of the federal protected categories (age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability). It's actually a free speech thing. If the police were to then retaliate while acting in their official capacity, they would then open themselves and their employer up to civil liability.

The "you hate cops until you need them" argument holds little water with me: the odds are slim to none that they will be there to protect you in a life threatening situation, and if they are, they are not obliged to do so. They are also often as much a threat to the victim as the aggressor, particularly if armed self defense is involved.

I have personally seen them devote about zero effort to the investigation of property crime and identity theft, which you are far more likely to need them for than violent crime. This includes refusing to do anything when a coworker had the name, address, phone number, and bank surveillance camera footage of someone opening accounts in their name.

I do see them vigorously enforcing traffic laws, which, not coincidentally, about 50% of the money collected goes straight to their agency budget in WA.

While I do see a societal benefit to the belief that the government will catch you and punish you if you break the law, and that police are a big part of that perception, if there were a way to opt out of any involvement with them personally, I would do so, as I believe many others would, because I see very few potential benefits and many potential negatives to interacting with police.

I think stories like this are stupid. Not the posting of them here, just that it happens at all.

I also think this is stupid,
"The manager was advised that the "Law" applies to concealed carry permits holders and not police officers."

O... really?

What I keep in my wallet, pockets, and holster is strictly my business. As such, just like with my other private affairs, I keep my business to myself, and that includes CC in GFZs... if I'm "found out" I'll probably be asked to leave, which I will do without a scene... I know the rules of this game pretty well and I'm extremely glad that in OR the penalty for such an "infraction" is relatively painless. So far this has never been an issue since I'm as diligent in in my CC as the general public is oblivious to real threats... the same dingdong who needs a safe space when they see a gun will get clobbered over the head and mugged while fetching change out of his/her purse to hand the psychotic bum standing arm's reach away.

Go feed the bears, Snowflake... they're nice.
I like Oregon's concept about if you're allowed to carry, that means anywhere unless otherwise limited by law.
A good writer never has to tell you when they are wrapping things up w a bow... I am not a good writer.

To bring it full-circle: I've got a job offer in eastern OR. It's pretty exciting in that I'll make almost double the money AND move the Hell outta Portland. Add to that the fact that both of my adult sons have moved back to the EO and I'm as close to giddy as I get. (Look... this is me being giddy). I haven't mentioned it to anyone yet (see paragraph 3... my business is mine). There are some pretty big incentives to working in OR and living in WA... tax strategies, real estate prices, better barbecue joints (I'm speaking specifically about Tri-Cities vs Umatilla County) but I refuse to move to a MORE restrictive state, see: my last 2 paragraphs and quote from @Xaevian.

OR is a mess that's sandwiched between two worse messes. We have a never-ending stream of snowflakes and d-bags coming here to build a fresh new Utopia... apparently the one they were working on, sucks.

When OR stops the jibber-jabber and goes full retard it'll be time to move further (*gasp*) east. I know from experience that neither MT or ID will turn Oregonians away at the border. 'Murica.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top