JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Federal prosecutors released the names of Damaso Alberto Rueda Cabrera and Arnulfo de la Cruz Sanchez on Thursday along with the unusual announcement that the men made their initial appearances in federal court, pleaded guilty and were sentenced to terms of 10 days and 45 days, respectively, all on Tuesday.

Ever see justice work this fast with such lenient sentences?:huh:
Kind of makes you wonder what is happening behind the scenes don't it?:s0131:

What do you think the Mexican .gov would do if it was reversed: an American carrying AKs out of Mexico? My guess is that if you didn't come up with million dollar payoff money to get yourself out, you find yourself holed up in a backwater prison for about fifteen years until the case went to trial. Trial being another opportunity to ask if you have the bribe money yet, and then back to your hole.

It is instances like this where the impotency of the NRA really shines though. It is obvious to half the people on this board that the whole thing is a set up, it stinks of staged event. Yet the employees, executives and "gun lovers" at the NRA aren't bright enough to send an investigative journalist down there or a PI to get the real scoop and do some work to preempt the next gun grab?

Oh no that would require intuition, forethought and determination. Not to mention integrity.

But dont forget to donate the NRA on your next gun purchase.

What a *u(king joke.

Yeah, well, I want to win the lottery. Chill. Nobody's coming for your guns.

YET
Chill, we still have two more years.

JK, i do agree, they wouldnt move in that direction, they dont have the support right now. BUT, a few more instances like this (staged OR just stupid)across the mainstream media and poof, support appears.

Yeah, well, I want to win the lottery. Chill. Nobody's coming for your guns.

LOL. Well, I guess we will just see what happens. They might not have the support, but they also didn't have the support for Obamacare. They don't seem to care. They will bribe and force their agenda through. I guess we will see what happens in the next couple of years. I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT.

I really hate conspiracy theories but these guys were caught Wednesday and by Friday these guys have already gone to court, taken a plea, and been convicted and sentenced in 48 hours? :huh:

I will admit I don't know anything about how plea bargains/court work but this has to be a record for any crime/court action in modern history.

I'm assuming by the article they sentenced these guys to some B S jail term so they have time to make a case and interrogate them to get more information to make a larger case. This thin isn't over.

But at the same time if they come out and say these guns were purchased legally, or some Bull crap that would give ammo for a ban I'm going to go ape crap and probably get a divorce for buying a black rifle on my credit card when next month I'm getting married, moving out of state, and won't have a job.
But well worth it.

When Mr. Heston said "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands" He wasn't only talking about the govt. He was speaking about his wife. At least that's how I took it.

I'm assuming by the article they sentenced these guys to some B S jail term so they have time to make a case and interrogate them to get more information to make a larger case. This thin isn't over.

But at the same time if they come out and say these guns were purchased legally, or some Bull crap that would give ammo for a ban I'm going to go ape crap and probably get a divorce for buying a black rifle on my credit card when next month I'm getting married, moving out of state, and won't have a job.
But well worth it.

When Mr. Heston said "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands" He wasn't only talking about the govt. He was speaking about his wife. At least that's how I took it.

You lost me CC. Clarification?

Lefty.

Which comment doesn't make sense?

In regards to the menial convictions. With little knowledge of the legal process, they have a limited time to imprison these illegals before they have to charge them or release them. By charging them with the lesser crime they have bought themselves time to interrogate/interview them and build a case for the larger charge of trafficking weapons. And possibly gaining information to see where these guns were going, or who they were going to.

In regards to the other comment I was simply stating that if they use this as a bonehead reason to gain support/push for another ban on the evil black rifles then I would have to lose any and all respect and love from my wife by spending money I don't have (the new American dream) and purchase a black rifle before BO can restrict me from doing so.

Which comment doesn't make sense?

In regards to the menial convictions. With little knowledge of the legal process, they have a limited time to imprison these illegals before they have to charge them or release them. By charging them with the lesser crime they have bought themselves time to interrogate/interview them and build a case for the larger charge of trafficking weapons. And possibly gaining information to see where these guns were going, or who they were going to.

In regards to the other comment I was simply stating that if they use this as a bonehead reason to gain support/push for another ban on the evil black rifles then I would have to lose any and all respect and love from my wife by spending money I don't have (the new American dream) and purchase a black rifle before BO can restrict me from doing so.

That makes sense to me now. CC, the reason why i asked the question was, I'm a logical thinker and don't always get the sarcasm or understand the analogies when I'm reading some posts. So when in doubt i ask.

Lefty.

Ok, I'll play. I'll put my tinfoil conspiracy hat on and say the maybe these guys were sacrificed by the Mexican Govt or Cartels to give Obama and Calderon just cause to reinstate the AWB. I think Calderon knows darn well that the majority of illegal guns entering Mexico aren't coming from the U.S., but he's looking to cover his butt with his own people to blame the countries problems with the drug wars and corruption on the U.S.

Think that's far fetched? Maybe. Maybe not. :s0131:

TIME TO CALL AND WRITE THE NEWS and our Pols: As guns rights crowd, please join me in bombarding the press calling for the most strict fines, penalties, and jail terms. We need to make a huge fuss.

I really hate conspiracy theories but these guys were caught Wednesday and by Friday these guys have already gone to court, taken a plea, and been convicted and sentenced in 48 hours? :huh:

I will admit I don't know anything about how plea bargains/court work but this has to be a record for any crime/court action in modern history.

If it weren't for this I'd think this were a legit story. I doubt gang bangers gave them that much info to get that lenient of a sentence.. Because they would probably end up stabbed in prison, or shot as soon as they got out if it were a real gang.

Well I think either way every 2nd amendment loving person should be writing their congressmen and saying they will not put up with any bans whether it be handgun, assault rifle, suppressors, etc.
The 2nd amendment was put in place to secure our right to a free govt. As the times and technologies have changed so should our abilities to defend ourselves against tyranny. If the govt henchmen have a pistol so should I. If the have an AR, so should I. If they have a tank, so should I. Etc. You get the point. What good does the 2nd amendment do if were fighting with a flintlock pistol and they have a minigun?
I say we draft a letter in protest of any sort of ban on weapons and we send that letter the first of every month. So they know we aren't messing around. We will not except it, not this month, not any month.

If they really want to stop illegal weapons they need to check better.

Back in the early 80's I was on a caving trip to Mexico and they went through our truck and tried to extort money out of us by accusing us of smuggling rope. We had ~2500' of technical nylon rope with us...

You'd think they might be able to find AK47's if they could find that nasty nylon rope.

how convenient.. right after calderon talked about us needing to ban "assault weapons"..

In this day how the heck is someone going to smuggle 147 ak's over the border?:nuts:

how easy do you think it would be to simply stage a police 'seizure' and blame it on a certain group as a means to gain control or push a certain agenda?

:rolleyes:I mean, after all this talk in the MSM of drug wars, millions of illegals in the country, racist Mexican teachers, Calderon saying US gun laws are to blame, and now 'PROOF' that guns are going to Mexico!!!?:s0001:- WHO in there RIGHT mind WOULDN'T want to impose new laws on guns?:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqPo5ofk0s

All of this! IMHO the thing was nothing more than a staged photo op.

:s0131:

If they really want to stop illegal weapons they need to check better.

Back in the early 80's I was on a caving trip to Mexico and they went through our truck and tried to extort money out of us by accusing us of smuggling rope. We had ~2500' of technical nylon rope with us...

You'd think they might be able to find AK47's if they could find that nasty nylon rope.

Dang!! Man where'd you get that rope...You so crazy!
Do you know how many things you can do with it? LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads