JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Boy, the gun grabbers are gonna have a ball with this....:angry:

<broken link removed>

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico (Reuters) – Police in a Texas city just north of the Mexican border said on Wednesday they had seized 147 assault rifles apparently headed for Mexico, where tens of thousands of people have been killed by violent drug gangs.

Acting on a tip, police in the border city of Laredo stopped a truck on Saturday and found the AK-47 rifles, along with more than 200 high-capacity magazines, bayonets and 10,000 rounds of ammunition, Laredo police told reporters.

The truck driver and a passenger were arrested in what police said was the biggest weapons seizure in Laredo in a decade.

"This is one of the biggest cases we've ever seen here in this city," Laredo police officer Alberto Escobedo said. "It's a tremendous blow to drug traffickers and organized crime."

Mexico has long complained that many of the weapons used by drug smugglers at war with each other and with security forces come from the United States.

On a visit to Washington in May, Mexican President Felipe Calderon urged the U.S. Congress to reinstate a ban on assault weapons to help cut cross-border gun smuggling.

Drug violence is raging across Mexico and almost 23,000 people have been killed in the fight among cartels and with security forces since Calderon launched his army-led crackdown on drug gangs in 2006.

I'm not willing to swallow that these guns were legally bought thru licensed FFL's in the US just yet. They were siezed in the US, but I see nothing in the article about where these guns initiated from. They could have been smuggled into a US port and then transported to Laredo or come down thru Canada. It also says they are AK47's but does not indicate if the are actually full auto rifles or semi-autos.

I do agree that the antis will try to make hay out of this, but there are a lot of questions that still need to be answered.

It would be hard to deny that many US guns are smuggled to Mexico. But I strongly doubt that's the primary source of cartel weaponry.

My response to this story: Sales of US guns to Mexico are already illegal, and Mexican authorities need to secure their border better. They blame us for the drug trade because we can't control demand. To some extent, that's fair. But by the same token, Mexico needs to take responsibility for Mexican demand for smuggled US guns. See, Mr. Calderon? Controlling demand for an illegal product is not as easy as you think, is it?

how convenient.. right after calderon talked about us needing to ban "assault weapons"..

In this day how the heck is someone going to smuggle 147 ak's over the border?:nuts:

how easy do you think it would be to simply stage a police 'seizure' and blame it on a certain group as a means to gain control or push a certain agenda?

:rolleyes:I mean, after all this talk in the MSM of drug wars, millions of illegals in the country, racist Mexican teachers, Calderon saying US gun laws are to blame, and now 'PROOF' that guns are going to Mexico!!!?:s0001:- WHO in there RIGHT mind WOULDN'T want to impose new laws on guns?:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqPo5ofk0s

OFF needs to either find their sister organization in Texas or send a representative down there to investigate it independently. I would dollars to doughnuts that this is not the way it seems.

My reasoning is this: the cartels pay the border patrol on both sides to move the drugs in and out....why would they not do the same for weapons? Consider the timing.

All this proves is that our border security is pathetic. If they can truly smuggle weapons south what can they smuggle north. Were the people actually bringing them to Mexico or were these guns headed north.

how convenient.. right after calderon talked about us needing to ban "assault weapons"..

In this day how the heck is someone going to smuggle 147 ak's over the border?:nuts:

how easy do you think it would be to simply stage a police 'seizure' and blame it on a certain group as a means to gain control or push a certain agenda?

:rolleyes:I mean, after all this talk in the MSM of drug wars, millions of illegals in the country, racist Mexican teachers, Calderon saying US gun laws are to blame, and now 'PROOF' that guns are going to Mexico!!!?:s0001:- WHO in there RIGHT mind WOULDN'T want to impose new laws on guns?:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqPo5ofk0s

I was kind of thinking along the same lines as you. It seems like a convenient time to have something like that happen. Almost like it would be the perfect support for the shared agenda of Obama and Mexico.

In My opinion, this might have just been a setup to help support the passing of B.H.A.'s gun controle. This being blatant and out in the open for them to get cought so easly... Hmm,,, one has to think if this was a set up to get some sort of legislation passed.

In My opinion, this might have just been a setup to help support the passing of B.H.A.'s gun controle. This being blatant and out in the open for them to get cought so easly... Hmm,,, one has to think if this was a set up to get some sort of legislation passed.

All those guns and 1.25 mags per rifle with only 10K rounds??? Pffft .

Setup

Looks like I better buy another one.

Love this quote:

"This is one of the biggest cases we've ever seen here in this city," Laredo police officer Alberto Escobedo said. "It's a tremendous blow to drug traffickers and organized crime."

Yeah, right. 147 AKs and 10K rounds go missing? Drop in the bucket. Like a seizure of a ton of cocaine. Just another cost of doing business for the cartels.

This is the kind of story tha makes me sick to my stomach that I sold my AR and don't have money for a new one right now.
If our guns are causing their murders, then their drugs are causing our addicts/drug problems.

I want to know the following:
Where exactly did these guns come from?
Who purchased them?
Why wouldn't drug cartels go else where to get full autos?
Why the heck is mexico of all places trying to dictate our policy?
Who "tipped" off the police?

Sounds like a set up by our govt against us, or mexico to lean more on BO.
Either way they need to figure out how they got these guns. I know I can't go get 147 AKs.

Stupid.

Federal prosecutors released the names of Damaso Alberto Rueda Cabrera and Arnulfo de la Cruz Sanchez on Thursday along with the unusual announcement that the men made their initial appearances in federal court, pleaded guilty and were sentenced to terms of 10 days and 45 days, respectively, all on Tuesday.

WTF? :huh:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads